Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pressure build up/Blocked pipe? (PIC)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Pressure build up/Blocked pipe? (PIC)

To release the pressure in the pipe i open up the water tank and it rises with all brown sludge.

Been told that:

a) air in the system
    b) blocked rad, needs flushing

Any other opinions/suggestions?

Cheers

Gazza

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you tried them two suggestions yet? Flushing through the system is very easy. Unscrew jubille clip, by header tank, get hose, ram it in pipe, turn it on, and aim the water hose thats disconnected into a bucket or similar. keep hose running until all the shit appears as though its gone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lashednova
    Have you tried them two suggestions yet? Flushing through the system is very easy. Unscrew jubille clip, by header tank, get hose, ram it in pipe, turn it on, and aim the water hose thats disconnected into a bucket or similar. keep hose running until all the s**t appears as though its gone.
    Nah not yet mate. Will do it tomorrow as I'm off work.

Do you mean the pipe that comes from the rad to the header tank or the one on the left hand side of the tank near the bottom? Also, recommend any specific flush or will water do the trick?

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

could be a knackered pipe or the expantion tank cap not operating

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its ur headgasket 100% sure, pressurising ur water side of things, explains the sludge..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyredtop
    its ur headgasket 100% sure, pressurising ur water side of things, explains the sludge..
    Thats what your car has the symptoms of, sludge in header tank(oil mixing with water), and pressurised pipes due to air escaping through the head gasket.
    Check the gasket.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who sold you the engine??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flushed it out today, been driving it for afew hours and the water is still clean but pipe is same baloon shape.

Could it be that cuz the pipe has expanded so much that it'll need replacing as its stretched?

I took the cap off the tank and i think the spring inside it is f00ked, i didnt even know there was anything in there. Whats its purpose/importance?

If i change the cap & pipe and its still expanding i might aswell do the head gasket. There is not no oil around the bottom end though, when my last head gasket went on the 1.4 that was all around the bottom end opposite exhuast manifold.

Ben, Got engine from Just Novas. If it is the head gasket ill be extremely p!ssed off considering how much i paid for it. Its not like ive even driven it hard either.

Thanks for help.

Gaz

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza14SR
    Flushed it out today, been driving it for afew hours and the water is still clean but pipe is same baloon shape.

Could it be that cuz the pipe has expanded so much that it'll need replacing as its stretched?

I took the cap off the tank and i think the spring inside it is f00ked, i didnt even know there was anything in there. Whats its purpose/importance?

If i change the cap & pipe and its still expanding i might aswell do the head gasket. There is not no oil around the bottom end though, when my last head gasket went on the 1.4 that was all around the bottom end opposite exhuast manifold.

Ben, Got engine from Just Novas. If it is the head gasket ill be extremely p!ssed off considering how much i paid for it. Its not like ive even driven it hard either.

Thanks for help.

Gaz
    there's your problem

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by benji
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza14SR

Thanks for help.

Gaz

there's your problem
    Heard good/bad things about them before. I'll give them a call and see what they say.

I have not noticed a power decrease from how i have been driving it and been doing 50+ miles aday in it.

Also, there is no mayo on the oil cap.

1 more thing. Before i took my last engine out i was also having the same problem so it could be something to do with the water system as its followed engines. It did it on my SR for months but never dropped in power and in all fairness, that engine took a hammering :oops:

Gaz