Thread: (Another) Tale of Regal Woe

Senior User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default (Another) Tale of Regal Woe

Went to pick up a valver on the weekend, with all work/receipts etc from Regal.

The bloke took it Regal with the XE already in the car with a set of Twin 45s with a BRAND NEW SBD inlet and throttle linkage etc...
    (No loom etc)

Regal said that the conversion wasnt good enough and recommended that he get them to do it 'properly'! ?2k later it was in....

He then gets a call from them explaining that his carbs were wrecked beyond repair and no good, so they would have to fit a loom and Regal 'Power Cap' (?350)

He gets the car back and it breaks down in a week and he has to tow it 100 miles to his house! He complains....

Regal explain he will need to take it back to them on a trailer (even though they picked t up firstly)

Bloke ran out of money so car was left, and he was left with a bill for just under ?3000 and NO CARBS!!

Thats right Regal kept them and the maifold and the linkages etc!!!!! :evil: :evil:

Just for discussion! I know he should have gone nurts and stormed he place, but he lost all faith in the car!

DISCLAIMER: This is not the view of me (honest!!) or the site. It is from an irate third party!! :wink:

=)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LMAO@Fester

has he been back to regal or at least called them to find out where the carbs are? surely even if they are broken beyond all repair he should be able to get them back with the linkages and stuff or did he let them keep them in return for a discount(or judging by the story, he exchanged them for a shafting!)

John

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

c unts

Dislikes stupid people
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rough arse b****ds

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if any parts are replaced by a company, they shud give you them bk or ask you if they shud dispose of them

Sounds like they cuda sold them on and thats a trading standards query.

I wud defo b on the blower, poor guy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

id be stormin down there armed with a hefty bat, demanding my ?100's worth of part back (shady tw@ts) :twisted: :twisted:

definatly get on to trading standards and anyone else who mite be able to help, companies cant get away with that, SHOULDNT IT BE CLASSED AS THEFT??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They originally quoted him ?800 and after having the car for a month rang him and said unless he brought donw another ?1200 they wouldnt do anything else until it was all payed for.

From talking to him (as he was embarressed to say directly) we worked out he had about 5 trips in the car before it broke down for good.

The guy called out another mechanic who took a look at the car and refused to touch it due to the state of the conversion etc.

After being there for less than ten minutes we discovered a massive fuel leak, an abandoned Lambada sensor (that isnt needed???) and a few other blatent faults and just random untideness like ecu rattling about etc.

Senior User
    Scunthorpe Drives: Astra Coupe Turbo, Vectra DTi GSi Rep
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SHODDY!!
    I know (kinda) how he feels bout losing all faith in the car. Like how i wanted just to scrap mine when i saw my sh!te paint job!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so let me get this straight? this regal company did a shoddy conversion which was confirmed by another mechanic?

and he aint gone down there and complained BIG STYLE!?

maybe the lad deserves it then. im sorry but if i was that soft i would expect people to run train tracks over me and spit me out the other side

someone needs to have a word and tell him what to do before its too late imho