Thread: Wheel alignment

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Wheel alignment

Had my nova tracked up few months back and noticed its not right steering feels off big time so went to investigate today and the track rod on the off side has about half the threads showing and the near side is all the way in! Now iam no expert but that ain't right. Steering wheel is pissed to the left and generally feels not safe to drive. Don't want to take it back there as they obviously don't know what they are doing. So what iam after is to get it somewhere near so I can use it while iam looking around to trust someone who knows how to track a nova. Any help would be great.
    Last edited by torquey; 30-12-21 at 07:48 PM.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just set it up with string lines to get it close enough pal. I had this once with one of my cars it was ok i got it tracked n suddenly it was dangerous to drive i think sometimes they cant have the sensors correctly on the wheels or something cos it was miles out

Sent from my MAR-LX1B using Tapatalk

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny I had similar. But I took mine back to them and complained, said it clearly wasn't set up with the steering centred. Sorted it out there and then FOC.

Same place replaced all 4 tyres on my Focus with TPMS. Kept going flat, went back twice, replaced all valves FOC solved 2, other 2 they didn't clean the slight corrosion on the valve finally sorted.

I'd get it set so it's less dangerous and take it back to them. Or take it as is. Have it out with them.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk
    NovalutionGSi - Donkey Kong In a Go-Kart

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh this is the thing trusting a place to sort it and doing it right. Might have ago with string lines and like you say get it somewhere near. Any tips on setting it up? Cheers

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NovalutionGSi View Post
    Funny I had similar. But I took mine back to them and complained, said it clearly wasn't set up with the steering centred. Sorted it out there and then FOC.

Same place replaced all 4 tyres on my Focus with TPMS. Kept going flat, went back twice, replaced all valves FOC solved 2, other 2 they didn't clean the slight corrosion on the valve finally sorted.

I'd get it set so it's less dangerous and take it back to them. Or take it as is. Have it out with them.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk
    Wouldn't go back pal not worth my time and wouldn't trust them. Seems to be hard work to get someone who knows about tracking haha.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chance your wheel has been replaced off centre, and they've centred that then aligned the wheels to the rears?

May be worth measuring how much steering arm is actually protruding from the rack as that'll tell you whether the rack's centralised too.

TBH I gave up going places since the car was apart so regularly and it's clear the mechanics sometimes don't understand. Few hundred quid for a set of 2 wheel gauges and string and you're good, if you can be bothered to DIY.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh something hasn't been done right iam losing confidence in these places who claim to know what they are doing. Like you say be best having ago myself.