Thread: Which engine for turbo power?

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Which engine for turbo power?

Right so after a good 12 years, I finally have the bug to start on my Nova again. Luckily with it being garaged, rust is less of an issue, but the shody paint job and the C20XE engine have to go, along with some wiring issues. But I want turbo power back in the nova once its all sorted.

I originally wanted to go down the LET route, but they are getting rarer and with budget constraints its just not going to be possible for me. But the newer Z20let and Z20LEH seem a good idea. I almost thought of the Corsa 1.6 turbo, but with a CAN bus, its just a lot of work for no gain.

I did think if building my XE into a LET but parts etc. would cost the same as a Z20LET, so I am still mulling over the best option.

So something simple with its own loom that i can get my hands on.

What are your thoughts? I don't want silly power, (standard will be fine) but a bit of the return to my Series One RS Turbo days, plus you gotta love a dump valve in a tunnel.

Deffo not thinking Saab lumps as although cheaper, seem a lot more hassle.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about a 8v turbo something different? Iam currently building a c20ne turbo. I've fitted c20let pistons with a t3 turbo. It's something that gets started but never finished would be good to see done.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I loved my old 1.6 gte engine and with nitrous was fun. The thing is getting another engine, which with a c20xe to trade may be possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd be going for a zlet/zleh if I was going turbo power, there is much more available for the engines either in standard form or for tuning.
    Nick

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by totalnova View Post
    I'd be going for a zlet/zleh if I was going turbo power, there is much more available for the engines either in standard form or for tuning.
    Nick
    So looking at the price of the engines and thinking transponders and ECU's, are you going to need a whole car or just a full package? As I am thinking about best way to get the full kit rather than having to find compatible parts.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the prices I think It would be cheaper to buy the bits separately as the prices for astra turbos and vxrs seems to be more then a complete engine, unless you're lucky enough to find a coupe turbo with no mot.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah more likely to be a zafira or something