Gold Club Member# 001 Club Member Nova_Tek's Avatar
    Hertfordshire..... Builds: ......... Snowplough'd LET
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 5 Spoke steelies

Long shot but I recall someone a long while ago running the modern Vx 5 spoke steel rims on their Nova... these ones:

I'm pretty sure I responded to that original thread those many years ago, but can't seem to find which thread it was.

I know they're not offset friendly, ET39 if I recall correctly, but I want to remind myself how they look fitted.

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So not the actual image I saw/was after, however, I found someone who fitted 4 stud versions of these steel rims

Question is, anyone know what model these 4 stud steel rims came off? Never knew there was a 4 stud version as I've only ever seen them in 5 stud, and having looked through various model parts catalogues, I can't seem to find this version.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

They look like mini one wheels alloy's to me but could be wrong. EDIT: Just notice the pic you posted has an inverted spoke like the steelies where the mini's have outward... me bad

https://www.ebay.co.uk/c/27003544787

The 5 stud steelies came on Astra H and Zafiras.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-...-/160974450904

EDIT 2:

Found this thread which will be of use of what to look for, Renault are apparently your friends:
    https://forum.retro-rides.org/thread...el-wheels-16x6

Also found this for you:
    https://www.maxionwheelsturkey.com/f...s-jantes-acier
    Last edited by Southie; 16-03-21 at 03:45 PM.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are called structure wheels. Not sure if they are off a pov spec new corsa or new viva.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers Southie,

I think the 4 stud Renault route may be the way to go, and that link to a manufacturer in Turkey is useful, got a couple friends over there, could probably pick them up for a good price.

Torquey, thanks for technical name for them. They're normally fitted behind plastic trims for that cheap alloy wheel look on the Astra H's and the like.

I've actually got a set of 4 in the garage but in 5 stud (as pictured), which I was considering for the Nova but having now seen it in 4 stud I need to look into it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you decided on a specific approach for obtaining the 4 stud Renault steel rims, and do you anticipate any challenges or modifications in fitting them to your Nova?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Twigon View Post
    Have you decided on a specific approach for obtaining the 4 stud Renault steel rims, and do you anticipate any challenges or modifications in fitting them to your Nova?
    Well, Twigon, I've decided to summon them using an ancient ritual involving rubber ducks and a wrench made of stardust. As for challenges, I'm prepared for interdimensional tire rotations, and I might need a flux capacitor to ensure a smooth fit on my Nova. Stay tuned for updates on my cosmic wheel upgrade journey!