Thread: Hello

Gold Club Member# 001 Club Member Nova_Tek's Avatar
    Hertfordshire..... Builds: ......... Snowplough'd LET
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn't have the same buzz as it used to, but all the die hard's are here which is good to see

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello there, quiet at work today so thought I would log on the forums, see if anyone still used em and perve on Benns project thread ha.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quiet on here nowadays not much happens facebook killed most of the action off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm old school... still prefer a forum to discuss cars. Plus I don't do Facebook, waste of time.

4th year Membership Scab Club Member Dod's Avatar
    Co.Donegal ROI Currently: has no Novas...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah but how else would you know what?s gonna kill you next?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I spent 90% of my money on Drink and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Tek View Post
    I'm old school... still prefer a forum to discuss cars. Plus I don't do Facebook, waste of time.
    Exactly why I come on here. Don't do Twatbook either. However I will give little updates on my Twitter with what's happening on my cars but main project stuff comes on to the forums. Or you loose it in all the other crap that's on the socials.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk
    NovalutionGSi - Donkey Kong In a Go-Kart

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NovalutionGSi View Post
    Exactly why I come on here. Don't do Twatbook either. However I will give little updates on my Twitter with what's happening on my cars but main project stuff comes on to the forums. Or you loose it in all the other crap that's on the socials.

TBH I could've put my project on Instagram but that would be a huge faff as I've got tons of photos. I could create a YouTube channel which is great if you want an audience, but I'd struggle to find the time.

I still feel forums are the best place for serious people, but unfortunately they've died down and are not as they used to be. The new school modifiers i.e. the 14 year olds who's parent will buy them anything they want, are only interested in looking good, most of them couldn't top up engine oil and check their coolant level so they'd use the web to find some basic info off the forum and then sod off to Instagram to tag them selves as a #tuner.

Gone are the days where you'd get a hand me down car as a first, and look into how to make it better and actually do it yourself and learn in the process as you didn't have your mum and dads debit card to take it to someone else to do it for you.

All that matters now is if your credit score is good enough to finance an A Class diesel AMG Line. How times have changed.

4th year Membership Scab Club Member Dod's Avatar
    Co.Donegal ROI Currently: has no Novas...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gone are the days people roll their sleeves up and actually work at a car, you hit the nail on the head with financing everything. It?s isolated community?s that we?ve all been in including web forums. I?m well up on Novas and it?s 90% down to being on here and sharing info, how would I find out how to do anything other than remap the wife?s i30? What other models have comparable parts or what to do to change anything?

Getting olds shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I spent 90% of my money on Drink and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm exactly the same.
    Nova, no problem.. making new brake lines, dropping the engine out, building a new one up simple.

My old Astra mk5, serviced it myself, did various modifications, changed brake pads etc. Even played with enabling extras like cruise control. But main power gains were completed by a company.

My Focus ST, there are some many bits I want to retrofit. I have the program that can do it and some things I've "turned" on but some of it is all about changing the coding to modules... and that's where I'll start failing.

NovalutionGSi - Donkey Kong In a Go-Kart

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We gotta learn how to do coding to 'modify' new cars, that and have deep pockets too.

With that being said, even if new cars a more electronic when tuning, there is still a fair bit of transferrable knowledge because we've been heavily involved with cars. One thing's for sure, you know how to get yourself out of trouble when somethings up with your car, or at least you'll have a much better chance of sorting it out in an emergency.

I see so many people on the side of the road on a motorway with a flat tyre who sit there for hours waiting for AA/RAC to turn up and change it for them (I've done round trips and seen the same geeza still waiting), or worse still, show them how to use a tyre repair inflation kit.