Thread: Tyres for GSi on 6 1/2J 16" Speedlines?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tyres for GSi on 6 1/2J 16" Speedlines?

Afternoon all,
    Looking for a bit of tyre advice as its been quite a few years since I've bought tyres for a nova. I'm looking for a summer tyre with a sidewall thats not going to catch the arch and rub on a standard 1.6 Gsi with unrolled arches with a full lip thats lowered 60mm.

Tyres that will be going on are Alessio Speedlines that I'm going to refurb shortly. Data on the back of the rims is as follows;

6 1/2Jx16H2-ET49, Alise07 1
    SL944 POD L410, DOT-E 07, GA1917 Mg T6

I'm looking for a summer tyre for the occasional bit of summer use and was looking at are Toyo Proxes TR1 as the Proxes were a great tyre on my old impreza sti and are well priced in 195/45/16. I also had Michelin Pilot sports on my old saxo VTS that I also thought was a good tyre.

What size should I be looking to get to ensure no clearance issues 195/45/16? I assume 205 would need to have the arches rolled? I also see people rate 195/40/16 but there seems to be much less choice in brand due to the size and are much more expensive?

Appreciate any info or advice.

Cheers,

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anybody?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Replies can be slow in here so a little patience is needed.

Not sure if it does help, but I ran 195/45/16 on my old Nova with softstars. That was about 15yrs ago mind, so no idea what the cool kids do now!

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would use 195 40 16. I had 45s on a nova before and rubbed

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers lads for the info lads. Nova looks good with the soft stars on.

I recon I'll go for the 195/40s if it reduces the chance of scuffing them. Only thing is there doesn't appear to be much in the way of rubber selection and what is available is much pricer than what you would pay for 45s. I see my tyres do Nankang Sportnex with rim protection for £55. need to read some reviews of the tyre as I had Nankangs on a impreza sti years ago and they were bloody dangerous in the wet. Also don't know if the rim protection would make the side wall more rigid or the additional rim protection rubber more likely to catch on my arch lip?