Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Has facebook killed the forum?

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is an old skool forum for old skool people for interest in old skool novas. So its up to us old skool people to keep this forum going .

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post

And ebay/swearing has been allowed for a while, catch up
    Best fucking thing ever to happen.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Self fulfilling prophets we are as sloth once pointed out hahahahahhaaha
    came here to post this....

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still browse on here regular.

I enjoy this forum really is great resource of info and a friendly helpful bunch. I use trialsforum (push bike trials) it's quite active but I never post, it is the bitchiest place on the whole of the Internet I honestly don't know why a group of people who are all interested in the same thing can't get along and just try to hold back on the bitching to make it a better place.

Id say Facebook has killed the forum a bit, but.. It is also helpful for quick responses from people and good for parts etc, I'd say that has pushed prices up tho as its a quick turnaround on there and people are often desperate for things so will pay higher prices.

Ive thought for a while now that maybe the admin should do a post or sticky on the Facebook pages advising people to visit the forum explaining the benefits, how to guides etc as the old "how do I wire my redtop up" questions etc come up quite often.

Im going to make an effort to post and reply on here more often now as ill often read but rarely post as I think there's little point as its so quiet, but if everyone thought the same the forum truly would die.

Long live the vauxhall nova and the 'novaload' forum...

P.s Am I the only one to still call it novaload?
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming, “DAMN, what a ride!!”

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say the forum represents the Nova scene/ownership in general. Young kids aren't interested in old rustboxes, numbers are dwindling all the time, prices are rising, older members no longer own them etc etc...

So aside from a small number of new members we are relying on a core of established members (many who either no longer own a Nova or have just moved on completely) to keep the forum going. Most folk on here know how to fit a redtop, which gearbox to use and so on...the mechanical section has died a death along with other parts of the forum.

Novas are old hat, sure we still love them but they just don't have a big following any more.

chippy shoulder Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ben doodar View Post

Ive thought for a while now that maybe the admin should do a post or sticky on the Facebook pages advising people to visit the forum explaining the benefits, how to guides etc as the old "how do I wire my redtop up" questions etc come up quite often.

P.s Am I the only one to still call it novaload?

ohh cunning idea, I likes that will look at doing something later on in the week.

its nova load as far as I'm concerned it's what I started with in ye olde days

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Iv always called it novaload.i still say marathon bars and work in thou.

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    ohh cunning idea, I likes that will look at doing something later on in the week.

its nova load as far as I'm concerned it's what I started with in ye olde days
    If we're going old skool and this place is still Novaload, then does anyone remember this popping up?

Ahh, those were the days, I got a ban for that all those years ago. Basically because there were 3 places to be, Novaload, PNG or RB. Look where 2 of those places have gone. I'd forgotten I had that banner on my photobucket.

If I am to get a ban, I'll take my punishment as I should.... but I wouldn't want to be on any other Nova forum!
    NovalutionGSi - Donkey Kong In a Go-Kart

Senior User
    southampton, Drives,sm2'd, t3'd let nova. which collects dust in a garage!.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Always call it novaload!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chippy shoulder Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NovalutionGSi View Post
    If we're going old skool and this place is still Novaload, then does anyone remember this popping up?

Ahh, those were the days, I got a ban for that all those years ago. Basically because there were 3 places to be, Novaload, PNG or RB. Look where 2 of those places have gone. I'd forgotten I had that banner on my photobucket.

If I am to get a ban, I'll take my punishment as I should.... but I wouldn't want to be on any other Nova forum!
    Damn, didnt know you were a roybacon oik ban hammer ahoy