Thread: Opel Corsa GSI rebuild/brakes

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Opel Corsa GSI rebuild/brakes

Hi everyone, I have just registered on PNG, and this is my first post. So first a little history, last year I found an Opel Corsa GSI lost under a a pile of boxes and a couple of rugs, after a bit haggling I finally got a hand shake on a reasonable price, the car had stood for four years so as you can imagine I was expecting the worst. Back in the garage I added a little fuel and a battery, checked the oil turned the engine over buy hand and then whent for the key, two turns and a few splutters and away she went. I am now half way through a rebuild and looking to upgrade most things primarily the brakes, first the fronts, any info would be great but looking to fit the larger discs and callipers from Astra, Cavalier, Calibra, I have new discs but having trouble finding the callipers, anyone out their with some to sell? Engine coming out next week for a re-build, who are the best people to speak to regarding engine tuning parts, any good links would help my project.

Thanks Nick
    Last edited by Nick Bayntun; 25-11-16 at 03:48 PM.

Club Member Club Member Jonesfach's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Bayntun View Post
    Hi everyone, I have just registered on PNG, and this is my first post. So first a little history, last year I found an Opel Corsa GSI lost under a a pile of boxes and a couple of rugs, after a bit haggling I finally got a hand shake on a reasonable price, the car had stood for four years so as you can imagine I was expecting the worst. Back in the garage I added a little fuel and a battery, checked the oil turned the engine over buy hand and then when for the key, two turns and a few splutters and away she went. I am now half way through a rebuild and looking to upgrade most things primarily the brakes, first the fronts any, info would be great but looking to fit the larger discs and callipers from Astra, Cavalier, Calibra, I have new discs but having trouble finding the callipers, anyone out their with some to sell? Engine coming out next week for a re-build, who are the best people to speak to regarding engine tuning parts, any good links would help my project.

Thanks Nick
    There are 2 disc sizes 236 and 256. Go for the bigger ones if you can but as you have bought your discs you may want to keep them even if the smaller ones I guess.
    go for the ATE calipers off Tigra, Corsa sport, cav etc as mentioned.
    whatever you do don't fit delco ones as they are shite and the pistons stick.

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, thanks for the info, the disks I have are the 256 for an Astra Mk3, are they the same as the Tigra/Corsa sport, if not I can change them. So callipers off any Tigra or Corsa B would fit. I forgot to mention my GSI is a Corsa A 1988 this may change things.
    Cheers Nick

Club Member Club Member Jonesfach's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthr...t=Front+brakes

bit of info on this thread, when I changed my front calipers from the sticky delcos.