Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Grand Tour

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only thewhitby one I have any minute desire to watch.purely for local scenery if nowt else.cant help but think the adventures of them three were done years ago and it was just same shit different day

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't think much of it if I'm honest, wasn't overly impressed with how they made a joke of a soldier (clarkson) being shot and blown up by a mine whilst attempting to exfill from a war zone.

It also seems all the humour has been Americanised, the "news" section is far too scripted, the jokes and banter too scripted. In short I'm glad I use Amazon Prime for other stuff cos I wouldn't have it just for this

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the second one was actually terrible in my opinion, it's just not a car show, please get back to actually road testing at least one actual road car per show, don't get me started on the special forces bit, some Of The worst TV I've ever seen and I don't think I'm overeating.
    The old top gear had been going downhill for years but this show is actually terrible, I actually prefer the Chris Evans attempt that that was shit

chippy shoulder Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you want to watch road tests? Almost anyone can goto any car dealer and get a test drive of something... even the more exotic stuff if you make some effort, which is more fun than watching someone do it for you on TV

It was a poor effort, but they did say last week that there would be minimal "car" content in this one, so atleast we were forewarned for once.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just want to see a car show, I don't even mind if they fuck around while testing cars, infact it's more entertaining when they do but what was served up on Friday was absolute shite in my opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yer I really miss knowing the capacity of the boot in litres and what optional extras models have and how much they will cost..........NO.
    ^^^ did you just read that? what a idiot ^^^

PROJECT 2 FAST 2 FAT clicky

''lifes what happens, while your busy making plans''

chippy shoulder Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by turbojolt View Post
    Yer I really miss knowing the capacity of the boot in litres and what optional extras models have and how much they will cost..........NO.
    Which is why 5thgear was demoted to some History channel +3525784657846587 part 3

Senior User Club Member paul james's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought it was an entertaining episode, perhaps having a few beers while watching helped!
    There's so many well done car reviews and related content on youtube if that's what you want to see, but not so much big budget messing about with cars which is where this show comes in.

Reviewing everyday cars on tv now is fairly pointless, the worst a car can be now is average, not like years back when there was some real crap being made.
    Last edited by paul james; 28-11-16 at 07:46 PM.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by turbojolt View Post
    Maybe I am in the minority here and don't get me wrong I couldn't give a fuck about a cars boot capacity, I want to know how well it goes sideways and if its faster then it's rivals, but if you think about it apart from seeing a 1.8 million pound track cars being abused for a few minutes the rest if the show was them attempting to complete a stupid course multiple times showing the same camera clips over and over and over, I like it when the show is funny, this was just rubbish imo, oh I forgot about the Two minutes of understeering Audi.....

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If you think it's shit don't watch it