Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Millworm's daily caddy build

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some progress has been made! new engine is in, brake upgrade, some general stuff, speakers in, steering wheel and erm other stuff.

So i got the engine out the golf and the caddy, the swap was so straight forward, used my caddy box (mistake) witch bolted straight up, and now has to come back out due to the awful top end speed. I took the chance to rebuild the linkage with new bushes while the engine was out, completely changed the gear changes!

Golf when she arrived

Heartless!
    Caddy ready for new engine and rebuilding linkage

Ready to go in

In

What a mess

GTI centre console to house boost, EGT and oil temp gauges

Nice surprise when i started her... cracked the oil filter. No damage done luckily

After a few days of running i decided to replace the oil cooler witch had been bypassed due to a previous leak. It'd destroyed most of the hoses this one let go just after retro rides!

New oil cooler and dipstick because I karate chopped the top off the last one

Fitted my mountney steering wheel, brand new mind, after a few days i realised it felt loose so removed it to find the bolts that hold the boss together had come out :s thread locked and put back in tight she seems to have been ok but check these if your buying a new one!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

decided the extra power could do with some more advanced stoppers, So got looking at upgrades, turns out vaux 256mm brake calipers fit with sleeved bolts! who would have thought! pair of golf 256mm discs and your away and lupo brake hoses to get round the banjo fitting.
    managed to snap a bolt straight away, good going... once head snapped off it wound out thankfully!

sleeved 12 grade bolts (golf is m10 so the sleeve steps it up to 12mm)

old discs had had some serious heat put into them! other side was even worse!!!

did initially buy some vaux discs but the step on the inside wouldn't go over the hub flange, so had to buy a pair of golf ones £80 on discs was not the one. with some machine work they'll fit so i'll keep them for the future, was in a rush hence not having them done.

Old caliper... something isn't right here..

all fitted, gave them a quick coat of silver to tidy them up

Another essential addition..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also picked up some new bed panels, lower window panel and sliding glass rear window so all those to fit, got electric windows too but I've got to take some pics so will update again soon. should probably start fitting bits to my nova as well..