Swindoncestershire Building: A Breeze Blue XE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Confusing electrical fault

Ok, so abit of background.

Used the Nova today. Went to get the tracking done. Alarm went off a few times (guy was told about valet mode etc) and was reset. Car parked outside when finished. I paid and collected my keys.

Got in, ignition on, dash lights etc all working, anti hijack kicked in and doors locked (as they do with a Clifford) turned the key and lights went out. Car was dead. Borrowed a jump pack, nothing. Completely dead. Battery was on charge all this week so sure battery is ok.

Stumped to be honest. No life in it whatsoever.

Any ideas? I'm worried that the Clifford has been triggered and cut all power. But why was i allowed to get ignition etc. and then for it to cut out?
    My Rebuild

They're over there with their new toys. Someone brought them in. No idea who bought them though.....

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had the same with my Clifford on my rs called Clifford & they said its shut everything down with the anti hi jack
    tyred everything to re-set it. Ended up I had to take the car apart take the loom apart & remove the fkn thing
    car is still in bits!!!! Good luck mate mine was a total ball ache

Club Member Club Member Pistol Pete's Avatar
    Swindoncestershire Building: A Breeze Blue XE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, so in a strange turn of events....i removed the earth from by the battery. The one that bolts to the bulkhead. Cleaned it all up. And the bulkhead. Bolted it all back up and alarm kicked in. Strange!! The way it failed suggested something alot more sinister!
    My Rebuild

They're over there with their new toys. Someone brought them in. No idea who bought them though.....

Club Member Club Member Jonesfach's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like it needed a reset. By removing the earth it lost the voltage across it and reset itself.