User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Brake Servo Vacuum Pipe/Hose to C20LET Inlet Man

Hello!

It's been a while since I've posted anything on here, namely due to immersing myself in my final year of uni, which is now over and am now working to finally finish this Nova of mine.

I've got a host of problems that I will no doubt need help with over the coming days and weeks, but will start with the main two.

The first is to ask how those who have done the C20LET conversion into their Novas connected their (standard) brake servo vacuum pipe to the LET inlet manifold? I'm using a mk2 servo and vacuum pipe, which when bent will couple to the LET inlet, albeit not without snagging the pipe and therefore restricting the flow of fluid.

What modifications have people done in order to create a natural fit? Pictures would be awesome!

The second issue is knowing where on the inlet I attach the turbo coolant hose which connects to the expansion/header tank. I also that the coolant pipe in question needs a T-junction to join somewhere else, but do not know where. Again, in this particular instance, pictures would certainly be of help here!

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read and any future help-assistance

Here's a picture of the hose. The difference with mine compared to most people's is that it naturally bends to the right; whereas with other's the pipe coming from the rear of the turbo which protrudes from the top of it bends left and around the side of the block next to the cams. Since mine is different, and still need to insert a T-junction, my idea is to cut somewhere it will be least noticeable and route it accordingly. I just don't know where I've to route it on the inlet.

Tony
    Last edited by HouseAtreides; 08-06-16 at 11:14 AM.

Go low or Go home. Moderator Benn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just cut the std pipe down, so it had a light curve in it. Connected it up like normal.

The rear turbo hose, i've had 3. All been different, all from Roose Motorsport.
    1 which looked like yours which i didn't like as it stuck up to far. Gone back to the std metal part cut down then fitted with a really long bit of black silicone.
    All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi
    Far from suicidal
    Still I get them tendencies
    Bringing back them memories
    That I really miss when I reminisce

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Benn View Post
    I just cut the std pipe down, so it had a light curve in it. Connected it up like normal.

The rear turbo hose, i've had 3. All been different, all from Roose Motorsport.
    1 which looked like yours which i didn't like as it stuck up to far. Gone back to the std metal part cut down then fitted with a really long bit of black silicone.
    Okay, re: vacuum hose - approx how much length did you cut off, and I take it you've not experienced any problems? Also, a picture of it would be really helpful.

Re: rear turbo coolant hose: I'm happy enough with the pipe and how it sticks up. Thus, the issue is less an aesthetic one than not knowing where the hose connects to on the inlet - that is my problem, squire. Any help there would be mucho appreciated.
    Last edited by HouseAtreides; 08-06-16 at 02:08 PM.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before I completely lose my sanity and faith in humanity, does anyone know where the turbo coolant hose connects on the inlet? I don't know how many people I've asked with Turbo Novas, yet still no-one seems to be able to tell (or show) me.

Really, can someone help a man out here please!?

Images lifted for illustrative purposes. If someone can point me in the right direction, you'd be saving a man from sectioning

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine comes from top of rad, into turbo then to expansion bottle

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's cool, thankfully someone has finally shown and explained to me what I've been asking and which nobody on here seems even remotely capable of telling me. Holy Mary & Jerome!!
    Last edited by HouseAtreides; 08-06-16 at 09:54 PM.

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No worrys, advice is a bit slim, unless u on face book ( not me ) then u get 10000 likes and A 1000 pokes , love the motor its worth a poke keep up the good work

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're all into our small blocks these days, so couldn't help

Go low or Go home. Moderator Benn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HouseAtreides View Post
    Okay, re: vacuum hose - approx how much length did you cut off, and I take it you've not experienced any problems? Also, a picture of it would be really helpful.

Re: rear turbo coolant hose: I'm happy enough with the pipe and how it sticks up. Thus, the issue is less an aesthetic one than not knowing where the hose connects to on the inlet - that is my problem, squire. Any help there would be mucho appreciated.

Sorry been so busy i couldn't get on.
    Tbh line it up and cut your pipe work down is the best way. That's what i did to get the sizing right. Sadly no photos.
    Water hoses, you have a outlet on the inlet manifold, which going in to the TB and back out, that normally returns to the header tank.
    All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi
    Far from suicidal
    Still I get them tendencies
    Bringing back them memories
    That I really miss when I reminisce

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no picture to understand what you mean