Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Gym talk

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That low calories is of no benefit at all.you need cals to function train and recover.

Go low or Go home. Moderator Benn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wwmnw View Post
    Please tell me its not juice plus or herbalife or one of them equally crap scams?!
    ha No. Just a low cal but full of good stuff shake (protein vit and stuff). Has helped me lose over a stone.
    I'm bad with food see, but can have a shake and it fills me so i dont pick and that.
    All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi
    Far from suicidal
    Still I get them tendencies
    Bringing back them memories
    That I really miss when I reminisce

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    That low calories is of no benefit at all.you need cals to function train and recover.
    This tbh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone stopped?

Went yesterday morning, really struggled with cardio tho. 30mins seemed to kill, 30mins bike just broke me. Had no interest in it at all. But 100kg leg extensions and calf extensions. Legs are hurting now.
    Upped everything in reps and weight now too. Loving skull crushers too. 25kg x20. 37kg x 20, 41kg x 10. Couldn't lift my arms after..
    Bi-cep curls upped too, 50kg x20 to finish.

The spend the rest of the day laying in the nova footwell... Struggled.

To day much the same... Really hard to get my arms up in the arms under the dash.
    Far from suicidal

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally haven't trained properly now for 2 years . I have trained a few people in that time and dabbled but nowt serious.

I am due to kick off again in a couple of weeks and have a plan and program lined up. I did dabble last week just as a tester to see my losses and work out my weight requirements..........

currently weighing in at 108kg (about a stone to lose= 6kg)

I use a lot of GVT mixed in with HIIT for a decent mix as I did originally. and I try to do everything with free weights

Bench was 15 straight reps @ 140kg
    Squat was 15 straight reps @ 145kg
    Deadlift was 15 straight reps @ 140kg
    Static overhead barbell press was 15 straight reps @ 70kg

All of these were done with a 4010 tempo (time under tension) not your standard 1010

As said that was just to see where I am with things with the major compound exercises which is where I will be concentrating when I start to get the body performing correctly and shift the excess pounds. Obviously with GVT (10x10) those weights will decrease a lot due to volume of work, 100kg on bench and squat for 10x10 will be ok for the first 6 weeks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dan how do you find the GVT? One of my mates is week 4 into a block of it and really likes the intensity of it. Currently on a big cut as am sitting around 74.5kg at 6ft2. Can't wait to up the intake ratios.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GVT is a very good system, although like many others out there, form and tempo make it all the more rewarding when you complete the full 10 sets and are ready to step it up again.

I personally used it for a 6month before-midway and after photo sequence when I first started training to show my personal results which with a good dose of OCD had great results, and have kept it as part of my routine ever since when I have trained.

Unfortunately now I have done it once before I fully understand what I have to do a second time around, which makes it all the more harder to properly nail myself down, that and the fact work is more intense and I'm not getting any younger .

I'm guessing at 74.5kg and 6'2" you are nearing the end of your cut and getting ready to apply some lean muscle. I'm only 5'8" and when I was more into the fitness side I averaged 10% bodyfat @ 92kg. Obviously I am built a bit more for power than I was then so if I can get back down to circa 100kg I will be happy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds good. Am I right in believing you stick to main compound lifts with accessories thrown in or can it vary as normal per month/6 weeks?

You are very correct I am right at the end of my cut and am pleased with the results. looking forward to adding size through calories as I feel I am doing very well with the diet. Would love to be around 85kg and that is the goal. Need to address some flexibility issues too.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still training but had to cancel my local gym membership as at £27 a month and only finding time about 5 times a month due to work, it wasn't worth it (typically I have oodles of time this week ffs) but I still train at the strength and conditioning gym (Spartan) 1 strength session a week and 1 strongman session a week when I got another job with actual finish times I'll be there 3-4 times a week. Seeing some differences in muscle definition and I've lost 5kg of fat but still have too much bodyfat on me, weighing in at 100kg but I'm too short for my weight

Had physio last week on my lower back so had my program changed slightly to upper body/upper back workout which is annoying as I should be squatting 150+kg now but I'll probably be going in back in lower to be eased back in, same with deadlifts which is annoying as I love deadlifts (although not after squats)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Dan whats GVT?
    Far from suicidal