Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gte nova

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by therealnovaboy View Post
    yes the hall sensor and the ecu. however the cam position signal to the ecu comes from the flow meter (timing ecu). The cam position sensor is connected to the flow meter. so the fault could be a bit more complicated.

try the same with pin four. pin 5 looks like the dirty earth since the screens are connected to it. sorry never saw pin 4 yesterday.

Prove the ecu isn't switching by fitting a volt meter between pin 3 on the ecu and the +on the battery you should see the volts bounce about when cranking. if its is bouncing about I assume you've got a loom fault to the injectors.
    Thanks I will Check it out when I finish work

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have just checked the back of the ecu plug pin 3 no wire going into plug but I when I put the meter in and crank Iget 0.4 of a reading .i got a good chance to check all the voltage going to all plugs and can't seem to find my switch live .i have permenent live on no 12 any ideas are welcome .thanks

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Danny gte View Post
    I have just checked the back of the ecu plug pin 3 no wire going into plug but I when I put the meter in and crank Iget 0.4 of a reading .i got a good chance to check all the voltage going to all plugs and can't seem to find my switch live .i have permenent live on no 12 any ideas are welcome .thanks
    2 + 12 is the switched live from the relay. 3 should be connected to the injectors. try putting your volt meter across the injector plug and see if you get anything there when cranking. If you don't have a wire from 3 on the ecu then chances are you wont see anything. Also test each side of the injector to earth for 12v to prove the +ve side is wired correctly and you have 12v to the injectors. I think you do because you said it started when you linked the Injector to -ve and it started?

I suggest you have a look at the loom for the injectors and try and track down the wiring.

Do you have a wiring diagram? itll help to trace the wire colours.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One side if the Injectors should have a 12v supply when the FP relay in on. The ecu pulls the injector to earth to squirt. If you het 12v on both sides of the injector circuit, the fault is between there, the ecu and ground.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks lads I will try and get a look oveR the weekend ,have being on shifts and am trying to work on car between shifts .realy getting frustrated ,but your advise has being a help .feel like I getting that bit closer to driving a nova again .

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a little suggestion. I once had a great engine which was stored outside for quite a while and had a real struggle to get it started. Ended up towing to a tuners and they found the injectors were so blocked that no fuel would pass unless on high pressure or cold start. Maybe if the wiring proves to be clear and you are still struggling maybe good thing to check next. Loads of vids on YouTube to diy clean them to see if that helps then get them cleaned professionally.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi guys have tryed al the suggestions and no luck,finally gave in to day and took the car to an auto spark .hope to here back from him in a couple of days ,so I update you if he fines the fault .thanks again for the help

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What did you have no luck with?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi guys sorry havnt got back to use in a while . The autosparks managed to get the car going . Part of the injection loom had corroded and shorted out the injector plugs . Car is now running but won't idle below 2000rpm . Any ideas???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look at the Cts, and icv