Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gte nova

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Gte nova

Hi guys .i have a gte nova that won't start .i have spark but can't get petrol to pass through the injectors when cranking .i can get it to fire if I put a positive and negative from the battery to the top of the injectors one by one and let fuel run in to the cylinders.i have changed the fuel pump really afm dizzyecu and injection loom without success . Has any body any ideas before I loss the the plot

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it original?
    There are so many things it could be. Is the fuel relay ok? And do you hear the fuel pump whirring when you turn the key?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowgli View Post
    Is it original?
    There are so many things it could be. Is the fuel relay ok? And do you hear the fuel pump whirring when you turn the key?
    Yes it's original I bought it not running it had sat in a shed for ten years .i striped it down for the usual welding ect .new fuel pipe tank out ect .i have checked all the usual stuff earths ect and can't get my head around what's happening

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry ment to say fuel pump runs for the 10sec or so when you turn on key. Also have a pulse at the injectors ,but lose it when I start cranking.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You need to make sure the ecu is getting power when cranking. Has the loom been cut? As in an immobiliser etc.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuel pipes on the right way?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi guys thanks for replying ,I have checked the power supply at the ecu all ok ,no breaks in the loom fuel pipes seem to be the right way as the fuel is returning ok to the tank ,and when I swap them I just end up with the one from the pump blowing of with to much pressure . I have fitted a new dizzy as I thought it could have been the hall sensor but it makes no difference .i have changed all the injectors ecu airflow meter and injection loom from a mates car who converted to 40s and still no luck ,really has me confused .any suggestions welcome as I really want to stay injection

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

have you got an earth from the ecu. the ecu will need to switch each injector to earth to make it open. It could be pin 5 on the fuel ecu (should be a brown wire to earth). 454 on the wiring diagram
    Last edited by therealnovaboy; 08-09-15 at 05:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by therealnovaboy View Post
    have you got an earth from the ecu. the ecu will need to switch each injector to earth to make it open. It could be pin 5 on the fuel ecu (should be a brown wire to earth). 454 on the wiring diagram
    Have just checked pin five. have earth there ran a earth to battery along side earth on pin 5just to check ,still nothing .i take I am right in saying the only thing that tells the injectors to pluses is the dizzy and the ecu ????

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Danny gte View Post
    Have just checked pin five. have earth there ran a earth to battery along side earth on pin 5just to check ,still nothing .i take I am right in saying the only thing that tells the injectors to pluses is the dizzy and the ecu ????
    yes the hall sensor and the ecu. however the cam position signal to the ecu comes from the flow meter (timing ecu). The cam position sensor is connected to the flow meter. so the fault could be a bit more complicated.

try the same with pin four. pin 5 looks like the dirty earth since the screens are connected to it. sorry never saw pin 4 yesterday.

Prove the ecu isn't switching by fitting a volt meter between pin 3 on the ecu and the +on the battery you should see the volts bounce about when cranking. if its is bouncing about I assume you've got a loom fault to the injectors.
    Last edited by therealnovaboy; 09-09-15 at 09:00 AM.