Thread: VBOA Billing 2015

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default VBOA Billing 2015

It was a stressful week but I got the car ready for Billing, although I got there late, the weather was awful the second I arrived and the saloon wasn't looking too great since the crash.
    Sorry I didn't get a chance to come and speak to anyone but the couple hours I was there I was on a mission to find parts for the car so spent most my time diving between stools and trees, managed to get a new drivers side wing for £35 which I thought was a bargain and a few of the little bits I needed but refused to pay £120 for passenger wing so I have to keep an eye out still.

But here's a few pics I got of the show in between the rain and before most people left.

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went on sunday and despite getting soaked a couple of times it was a fantastic day and loved the nova turn out there generally seemed like hundreds more than when i last went a couple of years ago, after umming and arring for a day or two which car to go in (reliable or cool) i decided on the cool option which was the best decision i could have made, it made it there and back without a hickup and had a few photos taken and heads turned on the way in too, i was being a bit shy so didnt come and say hi (maybe next year) but i think a few of you noticed (probably heard the webbers) as i passed the pngclub stand.
    will deffinately be going again as the parts autojumble was worthwhile on its own but the quality of the cars was top notch too.

so i get to put a few names to faces who was bloke who kindly ducked down in this pic while trying to repair the fallen flag?

a few nova photos i took and then of course the obligitory entry photo as i needed a new works mug after breaking my old one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol at all the nova sports flying off as soon as a drop of rain hit the deck , any pics of my shitter?

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alex J View Post
    Lol at all the nova sports flying off as soon as a drop of rain hit the deck , any pics of my shitter?
    Haha yeah the wimps anyone would think it was heavy rain I'm supprised they were being driven to be honest, must have had trailers round the corner. Lol.
    Which one was yours I have got a couple of other pics but I didn't get many really

chippy shoulder Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I guess this is the formal event report thread

Firstly a monumental thank you to ALL of you for representing the PNG in a fantastic way while still having fun
    secondly an even bigger thank you to Burgo, Boffer8, Mazz and Connor for their help in making it work, all I did was be a gobby boring git
    THANK YOU FOR THE FLYERS AND MUGS SOUTHIE XXX

i have never been to Billing for more than about 8hours, and also not camped since I was under 10 , anyway I arrived on Friday evening to get my tent on and setup some of the stand bits. Connor got us all pizza and promised the same for anyone there on a Friday next year too
    MIG came over and gave us a lovely cake as a thank you for stand sharing at PVS.
    Mr Butler got his space craft off the roof of the van and voila, we were setting fire to a washing machine drum..... Screw you gas bottle chimenia folks

So Saturday.... We setup the outline and entrance to the stand etc. car arranged all pretty and such.
    Lots of very nice Novas all over the place and it was all going nicely till Spud and Merris showed up
    managed some food on the loonaque and if you missed it I am sorry

Met loads of people who I had to keep asking Connor and Luke who they were in terms of forum names etc and I will forget.

Sunday was the big one.
    oh and wet
    Again lots of great cars on the stand despite the iffy weather and some non nova imposters
    We aren't great at getting the message out, but we did have the vote for the great prizes Joff made, which went to:
    Best Bodge - Sam Burgess
    Show n Shine - Pete Belgrove
    Highest Miles - Boffer8
    Best Allrounder - Peesters new brown hatch
    Best Engineered - raggys 4wd (he will sign up and sort a project thread)
    Most Likely to Breakdown - Merris

Milworm got a mug that Southie made for fastest lap of the karting we did
    Patrick got a mug for being the fastest under 16yr old (a tough fight as Connor looks 12 )
    Connor got a mug for taking the abuse well
    Burgo got one coz he's a legend
    Daz or Dan for one for being the ultimate legend of coming to Billing the day after his wedding

All in a great weekend, IMHO and with this and PVS I have the horn for a nova again :D
    again, thanks and let's carry it on.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Also a thanks to me for supplying the flyers

chippy shoulder Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fixed

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great effort lads really hope I can be there next year in my nova and get involved with the club.

The stand looks great with all the novas on it. The trophies and mugs are awesome.

I'm envious of everyone who made it there.
    Last edited by ben doodar; 13-07-15 at 10:33 PM.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming, “DAMN, what a ride!!”

PNG OS Survivor Club Member scott.parker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm gutted I couldn't stop and do Sunday, but I'm glad I forced my self to come down Saturday "for a few hours" left at 9.30pm
    Promise next year well be there, I'll try get the time off and do a full weekend! Might see if we can arrange to get riggy and Sean down, old school reunion , Brett said he was thinking of getting a nova again too...

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nver been to vboa Billing before, went on the sat and really enjoyed it, gathered some good parts had a good look round

and then went on the hunt to find the field of Novas!
    Fantastic!