Thread: 5doors project they call grandad......

Senior User
    Cudworth, Barnsley, South Yorks. Drives: Nova 2.0 16v hatch.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 5doors project they call grandad......

Hi guys a few of you may know the car sure nobby had it for a while but ive now accuired it off a mate needs a tidy up in places but other than that very tidy, the car as old as it is did accure a name from the kids as an old guy owned it from nearly new they called it 'grandad'. As it has all its marks an battle scars ....

That is how i got it....
    Itnwas first assumed the headgasket had gone as when i was running it would cut out when being revved but after several checks it was found the backbox was blocked up so pulled that off an hey presto running like a dream......

Senior User
    Cudworth, Barnsley, South Yorks. Drives: Nova 2.0 16v hatch.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So after tackleing the engine issue the bodywork was the next stage sorting out a rear arch that had seen better days by fillering it in just as a temperay measure...

From this to this.....

Not a bad finish for a rattle can job....
    I drive it round for a week whilst i fettled my other nova before my usual monthly meet i hold with fellow nova owners i have now dicided to strip it down to cut out any rust an plate it up to make it clean plans are just to leave it exactly as it left the showroom no speedlines etc.....

There were some nasties to be found tho...

This was how the front arch ariel hatch finshed up..

How car looked before build..

Osr inner arch as was found hidden under lots of sealer from a previous bad repair to rear quarter...

Ive now plated up behind the shocker..

I have also done the rear section an front but i didnt get any pics sorry for the pics being jumbled up tried to organise them best i could there is more progress to come like painted axle wheels, wheel trims etc ill take pics as i go....
    As always giys commented good or bad appreciated...

Damo