Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Inth' Garage

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cheers for the comments again chaps ive done a few small jobs on it but nothing worth updating just yet.

thanks for the advice benn, it was painted about 6 months ago and ive only just started putting the cover on it, so hopefully that shouldnt cause any problems.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming, “DAMN, what a ride!!”

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi. Was just wondering if some of you could give me your opinions.

I'm going to order some paint for the door handles, boot handle, side skirts and bumpers this week.

Been looking at upol mid grey, or upol dark grey. Bearing in mind that the window trims and mirror backings are matt black. What do you think would go with the blue? i don't want to do them matt black as it would look to much.

Cheers Ben.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming, “DAMN, what a ride!!”

Go low or Go home. Moderator Benn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Matt black looks poo in my eyes, i'd go with the dark grey, as it would work well with the darker blue you have used.
    All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi
    Far from suicidal
    Still I get them tendencies
    Bringing back them memories
    That I really miss when I reminisce

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Benn View Post
    Matt black looks poo in my eyes, i'd go with the dark grey, as it would work well with the darker blue you have used.

Yh I'm thinking dark grey Benn. Matt black does look gash on bumpers. I quite like it on the window trims and mirror bases. Just hope it won't look odd against the grey door handles etc....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The bases are small enough to be missed, the trims are black anyway so most wont notice.
    The dark grey will work better and look great. All the best cars use grey and blue..
    Far from suicidal

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ah just found my projects thread!

have been keeping busy with bits and bobs on the car, have done an intercooler recess in the front panel as ive bought a Courtney manifold and t25 turbo for my c16se also made a neat little cut out on the slam panel to allow the boost pipe to fit and smoothed the slam panel whilst I was at it, have painted the steering rack, gear linkage rod etc painted my gsi brake servo and wiper motor in a metallic grey same as ill paint the wheels, base coat and lacquered a bit ott really but looks nice. plated the bottom arms. stone chipped the floor and rear arches. upol dark grey door handles and boot handle very impressed by this stuff no wonder its around £15 an aerosol!! its coming together just everything seems to take forever, will try to post some pictures of progress over the weekend,

Ben.
    Last edited by ben doodar; 13-02-15 at 12:23 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pics!
    Far from suicidal

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love the colour

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I've just vowed to post more often on here just thought I'd do a little update.

Ive pretty much not touched the nova at all this year been a busy year had a baby, moved to our own house thought I'd my mk4 golf daily driver a quick 2 week freshen up that turned in to a six month partial rebuild. Mountain biking has pretty much taken over any free time that I've had this year.

Any who, the nova is sat there in the garage under a cover. Yet to paint the wings and bonnet although I'm going to do those after the engine has gone in wiring finished etc, and I'm going to go over the tailgate again as I'm not to happy with it, also want to replace the drivers door eventually as I'm not happy with it but that can wait a little while.

The underside is completely stonechipped and painted body colour, have a brand new Gsi tank although I need to source a sender unit which I'm starting to find is a hard thing to get hold of, must check the Png Facebook pages more often......... I've had the axel, bottom arms, tie bars, driveshafts, fuel filler neck, tank straps, hubs etc etc powder coated also had all the bolts zinc plated. Bought new track rods, track rod ends, ball joints, hand brake cables, wheel bearings, rear drums, shoes, wheel cylinders, shoe fitting kit, and full pollybush kit.

Only thing I've done this year is built the axel up, and modded a cavalier rear anti roll bar to fit. Bought a 2nd hand set of bilstein big piston shocks and apexi springs and give those a repaint and had my speedlines sandblasted.

So as you can tell I'm ready to cobble it all together I've been waiting for Christmas and new year to be over so this week I'm going to spend a few hours in the garage, I'd kinda lost interest in it but I'm full of enthusiasm for it again.

The only thing I'm lacking is an engine, it's kind of an important part in a car i guess but I've been gathering a few parts here and there just need to get a plan together with my mechanic mate who's going help me build the engine.

I promise to post pictures by the end of the week. Hopefully have some nice progress to show.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like youve had a busy year, I know first hand how a baby can get in the way of a project car. What engine will you be fitting?
    Last edited by totalnova; 03-01-17 at 12:59 PM.