Thread: fuel leak, evapourating?

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default fuel leak, evapourating?

Hi all, please help, ive got a strange fuel leak, i fill my nova, maybe 10 or 20 pound, its a project ive had for about 2 years now, so it mainly sits in the garage, after i put the fuel in start her a few times on weekend maybe, leave till weekend after or few weeks shes nearly empty!? I cant see no obvious fuel leaking from anywhere, no patches on the floor, has anyone got any ideas, i might try changing the filler cap, thanks all in advance

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What fuel tank is it? Check round the sender unit, mine was leaking round there where the gasket had perished

Senior User Club Member Novasport's Avatar
    Derby, Derbyshire. Drives: Nova Sport, BMW M3, Nova Swing, Peugeot 208
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it is sat in a garage and it was leaking from the tank it would stink of fuel in there. You say you fill it, is that to the brim or you just put £10-20 in from empty?
    Is your guage reading incorrectly? Have you physically checked what is in the tank as sender units can play up. I had an issue with mine where it showed 1/4 or half a tank then when used for a few miles it would read empty. Removed the sender and some of the electrical contact segments on the sender had failed. When the sweeping contact touched the failed segments it just dropped the needle to empty.
    Also is the fuelling set up? It might be over fuelling especially if starting constantly from cold using a choke or the cold start on injection. If injection, is the CTS OK?

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks all, ill look into it and get back on how it goes,