Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Nova Turbo progress (part 2)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Turbo View Post
    Be careful with it mate until you have had it setup properly and the fuelling checked - No top speed runs! Looking forward to seeing it at Billing.

More pictures required
    Hi Kev yeah I was easy on it kept stopping just to double check everything etc, going to see if I can get it in somewhere to get it set up but I was thinking that it may miss this years billing just to be on the safe side. We will see

Cheers
    Rob

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A slow drive wont hurt Rob - Be criminal if you missed it! I know you can pull it out of the bag and get it tuned up before Billing.

yorkshire: Drives. A3 Sline,Octavia VRS & J20LTB
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rob89 View Post
    Hi Kev yeah I was easy on it kept stopping just to double check everything etc, going to see if I can get it in somewhere to get it set up but I was thinking that it may miss this years billing just to be on the safe side. We will see

Cheers
    Rob
    It would be a shame not to take it... Surely theirs somewere who can double check it or failing that why not trailer it down? I'd fit mikalors clamps to all the boost pipes and that will sort them. My car has them fitted along with Andy and Keith who've both seen them previously blow off at the ring etc. Mikalors will deffo sort that problem on your spec.
    Tuner should only need to check fuellings approx 3.5 bar which should see it safe. Or borrow a wideband and check yourself etc.
    nick.
    Last edited by Nick J; 06-07-14 at 11:37 AM.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As above on the mikilors - You really can crank those bad boys up super tight!

It has to be there Rob!

Senior User Club Member scorge01's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to see some progress bud can't wait to see her in flesh how long you home for?

Club Member Club Member bazzap8389's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope you get all the we niggles sorted out Rob, thanks for taking me out in it! Loved it!! As you said good job you threw that screwdriver in at the last minute haha

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Turbo View Post
    A slow drive wont hurt Rob - Be criminal if you missed it! I know you can pull it out of the bag and get it tuned up before Billing.
    Yeah it's just finding time this week I have to do a course this week in Aberdeen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick J View Post
    It would be a shame not to take it... Surely theirs somewere who can double check it or failing that why not trailer it down? I'd fit mikalors clamps to all the boost pipes and that will sort them. My car has them fitted along with Andy and Keith who've both seen them previously blow off at the ring etc. Mikalors will deffo sort that problem on your spec.
    Tuner should only need to check fuellings approx 3.5 bar which should see it safe. Or borrow a wideband and check yourself etc.
    nick.
    I couldn't trailer it down I'm already 500+ miles from Billing. It's running at 3.2 bar but on gentle throttle it's reading around 13.8 on boost it was going down to around 10.2 on my wideband. It used to run around 15 and 12 on boost...

Quote Originally Posted by scorge01 View Post
    Good to see some progress bud can't wait to see her in flesh how long you home for?
    Hi mate I'm home for a few more weeks yet so will pop through sometime with baz

Quote Originally Posted by bazzap8389 View Post
    I hope you get all the we niggles sorted out Rob, thanks for taking me out in it! Loved it!! As you said good job you threw that screwdriver in at the last minute haha
    Hi Baz yeah niggles kind over sorted bar it running abit rich... Too be honest I just want to go and buy a scissors ramp and build it back bolt by bolt just to keep it really clean

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As said, would be criminal to not get this Billing, give us a shout if you do make it, be good to have a look round it and put a face to a name.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andybishop View Post
    As said, would be criminal to not get this Billing, give us a shout if you do make it, be good to have a look round it and put a face to a name.
    well would have liked to take it to billing but that will definatly be a must next year...

Can't get my head round what's wrong with it... Played around with the fuel pressure etc i does run but it starts runs well then after a period of time it won't start, plugs are soaked in fuel, throw in another set even if they are old plugs, runs fine then same again... If I was to take it to billing I would have needed like 10 sets of plugs

what would cause this? It's like the spark after time is not continuos but if I straight after throw in another set of plugs away it goes again!?!?

It's looking like the nova is heading for an early rebuild... So I can go all OCD on it.

also another thought was to replace the old loom with management and a loom is this a good idea? And what kind of management would people recommend?

Cheers
    Rob

Club Member Club Member blue_peg_16v's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If your going down the management route your probably best off speaking to who ever is going to set it up and ask there opinions, my mate is running dta on his zetec turbo series1 rs turbo seems decent enough, but like owt it's only as good as who maps it
    told you saloons are the future!!!!!!!