Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 2103

Thread: House's ITB XE build and re-build

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SADEV quote received from SWR, just working on the finer details, then I'll look to place an order.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you looked at the 3MO one, I know Bill Falconer is fitting one to his new build as is working on mounts that use the original nova mounts, might be an option

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by toymex View Post
    Have you looked at the 3MO one, I know Bill Falconer is fitting one to his new build as is working on mounts that use the original nova mounts, might be an option
    I have looked at the 3MO mate and the one Satchell supply too.

I'll be honest I'm feeling a bit "once bitten, twice shy".

We all know Sadev's reputation and as it stands with the refund from Quaife it's not a huge step to find the extra money to buy the Sadev.

The annoyance will be the shell works, if we need to move the engine it may need a new manifold, wiring changes, gotta get the shift rod through the bulkhead and to the box, new shafts. It's a shit load of work.

But it would be that amount of shell work for any new box so my theory is to buy twice, buy the best second time round!!!

Club Member Club Member JoeWak98's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your the 4th person I know to now get a refund from Quaife for that gearbox! Something not right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWak98 View Post
    Your the 4th person I know to now get a refund from Quaife for that gearbox! Something not right

Yeah mate, they said they were fixing it F.O.C which made me believe it was something they'd done wrong.

But the words on the phone were "it needs 2-3-4-5 gears replacing and a new input shaft, we can't figure out what's wrong with it or why it keeps going wrong"

As above they were all set to return it, but then someone else sent their box back with issues and they've just taken the decision to refund me and throw it all in the bin.

Is what it is!! I've got the money for the Sadev and the shell work allocated so we'll be looking to place an order shortly I would say.

Club Member Club Member JoeWak98's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    Yeah mate, they said they were fixing it F.O.C which made me believe it was something they'd done wrong.

But the words on the phone were "it needs 2-3-4-5 gears replacing and a new input shaft, we can't figure out what's wrong with it or why it keeps going wrong"

As above they were all set to return it, but then someone else sent their box back with issues and they've just taken the decision to refund me and throw it all in the bin.

Is what it is!! I've got the money for the Sadev and the shell work allocated so we'll be looking to place an order shortly I would say.
    Is it the Sadev ST75 you are going for ? Just having a ratch on the Hockly website this week and found they do the mounts & adaptor plates

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWak98 View Post
    Is it the Sadev ST75 you are going for ? Just having a ratch on the Hockly website this week and found they do the mounts & adaptor plates

Gonna be going for the ST82-14 mate as the ST75 is close on torque should I decide to upgrade engines in the future.

We've had some drawings through from SWR (the Uk SADEV dealer), been emailing Steve, he's been really helpful.

It seems the diff location is as per a standard F20 and therefore the same as my old box, so that's one result. It also looks like the adapter plate (bell housing adapter) has the 3 bolts for the rear mount, we're hoping it'll just be a case of Ben fabricating a top box mount and we can use the existing chassis mount point, so hopefully no shell mods needed.

My worst fear was we'd have to move the engine and need a new manifold, wiring and re-design of the whole engine bay, but we're looking good.

I've reviewed the ratios and am happy with them so it's literally waiting for the money from Quaife to land and ordering, I've pushed Quaife to send the refund earlier than 30 days given the bomb they've dropped and I await that!!

If they haven't sent it by the 15th of this month, I'll borrow some funds from the company and order it anyway!!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default House's ITB XE build and re-build

40% deposit paid on a SADEV ST82-14.

Shit just got real.

16 weeks for delivery
    Last edited by House; 13-12-21 at 07:25 PM.

Club Member Club Member nova_niek's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sweet! I've been looking at Sadev boxes in the past but figured they are wayyy out of my league. Sexy stuff though.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A505FN met Tapatalk
    One day I'll start a build thread. One day...

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nova_niek View Post
    Sweet! I've been looking at Sadev boxes in the past but figured they are wayyy out of my league. Sexy stuff though.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A505FN met Tapatalk
    There were other more wallet friendly options Niek but the SADEV reputation is legendary

Once bitten twice shy and all that, my Dad said to buy the best you can afford and if you can't afford the best, sell a kidney.

Just a shame it's 16 weeks lead time. Puts us into April 2022 before we even receive the box.

Although to be fair I'm so busy with work I wouldn't be out in the car anyway.