Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 2103

Thread: House's ITB XE build and re-build

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is one thing you're not going to do before Brands.... and that's Send it.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk
    NovalutionGSi - Donkey Kong In a Go-Kart

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default House's ITB XE build and re-build

Quote Originally Posted by NovalutionGSi View Post
    There is one thing you're not going to do before Brands.... and that's Send it.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk
    You've never seen me drive the Transit mate!! Haha that gets sent daily!!

Club Member Club Member novarally's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    Ah mate, my bad, didn't turn the camera on all day!!!

Was so busy dick arsing around with stuff and the camera isn't fully setup yet. Bloody annoying too as I had some mega powered over steer moments in the wet!!

I'm at Brands 7/10/21 and it's on the list of jobs before then.

Back in the workshop and given the once over nothing major to report, got a list of items to work through

Rang quaife enquiring about a different gear set as mine is geared to 148 @8500 and I wanted to see if I could get that down to 130-135 but sadly they only offer one final drive and one other gear set that would go to 117@8500

So i either need an engine that revs to 9500k (hmmmmmmm) or I've got to stick with what I have.

Or look at having a CWP custom made. I was considering going down this route with my Quaife F15 ?box, and the cost wasn?t as horrendous as I expected.
    To contact me please use E-MAIL to colinesmith@aol.com.

thousands of Nova (plus other Vauxhall and motorsport parts) available.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by novarally View Post
    Or look at having a CWP custom made. I was considering going down this route with my Quaife F15 ?box, and the cost wasn?t as horrendous as I expected.
    Colin, tell me more....wouldn't I need a different lay shaft (or whichever shaft the pinion is on) to match the new crown wheel??

North Events Co-ordinator Moderator boffer8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    Colin, tell me more....wouldn't I need a different lay shaft (or whichever shaft the pinion is on) to match the new crown wheel??
    Is that pinion one piece with the shaft?

You would need the shaft making with the CW if so, the teeth Geo's will change for the tooth count
    If Carlsberg did Motor clubs, then IDMC would probably be the best motor club in the world.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boffer8 View Post
    Is that pinion one piece with the shaft?

You would need the shaft making with the CW if so, the teeth Geo's will change for the tooth count
    Yeah I'm pretty sure it's one piece Boff, I'm looking at other options with Quaife, seeing if they'll offer different 4th 5th ratios.

Seeing if I can close the gap between 3-4-5 as the jump from 3-4 is quite big and again 4-5.

I doubt I'll get anywhere, only other option is more torque!! Hahaha

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well,

The good

Ignore the GP bit, it was the Indy circuit, it's just how the software on the dash sees it.

But 54.86 is nearly a second quicker than my previous best of 55.79, which I'm over the moon with and 4 laps under that 55.79 I'm happy with too.

I watched a video round Brands with a mate of mine who we sponsor to race in the Thunderbike Extreme and Ultra with BMRC, he's won both championships this year.

Our Apex speeds were similar, he brakes later and gains time on the accel out the corners, so I changed which gear I'm in for a few corners and broke a lot later into paddock hill and was on the gas up through Surtees and held the revs in each gear a bit longer. I was also leaning hard on the diff out of corners, which I feel I'm really learning how to use now.

I should have a data log that I can compare to the log from my 55.79 lap to see where I'm quicker.

And then The bad

Got back to the workshop at 13.45 and engine was out by 16.15, ramp makes things so much easier.

Box won't stay in 4th, jumps back into 3rd as soon as the power re-applies, even using the clutch as soon as you let the clutch up, it says no.

Normally LSD plate wear deposits, nothing horrific.

5th gear dogs (on the underside of the selector on the right forgot to get a picture) are immaculate, barely any wear at all.

I'm thinking it might be a repeat of the issue the box had when it was first installed, where it was selecting 1st and 2nd at the same time as you shifted, which Quaife fixed FOC.

It's been clunking a bit from 3rd to 4th for a while, which I thought was shift cut related and have been playing with those settings, so now I'm thinking it's the same thing as the initial issue it went to quaife with, albeit on a different gear selector and it's worn the dogs now to the point it won't stay in gear.

You can shift through it to 5th (with the clutch dipped) and it'll stay in 5th

So back to Quaife it goes.
    Last edited by House; 08-10-21 at 07:24 AM.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although I'm missing data, this is the 5th timed lap of the second session

https://youtu.be/dyiqnVqjMZY

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shame about the gearbox mate, but looked like you were flying , I’m loving the data logger something I really should invest in

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by toymex View Post
    Shame about the gearbox mate, but looked like you were flying , I?m loving the data logger something I really should invest in
    Thanks mate, I'm creeping towards that 53!!!

Box I'm ok with it's done a lot of work, first time in 2.5 years it's been out, which considering everyone said it would be like chocolate, I'll take!!

It'll be with Quaife Monday morning.