Thread: House's ITB XE build and re-build

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by _Tomiboy View Post
    Mostly I look on the lateralAcc, graph, and click on the maximum button. From that I see if the setup is better I have bigger corner G-s, or if the tyre is overheated see the lower G-s.
    Good shout that, corner speed/apex speed works the same way I guess. Like I say I'm new to working all this out!!

I figure the biggest gains now are going to come from my driving skills, hence the use of data logging

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The green line is with 120kg passanger. The red and blue is without passanger and the car was 30kg lighter, so 150kg lighter overall.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/itoGy6X7jTM6jz3y5
    Here are the maximum values. With the red and blue I was on the limiter in 3th gear for 20m long. You can see there is not too much grip for the tires, max 1.15-1.17G, once was the peak 1.2. the longitudinal max 0,6G is jut out from the pit lane in 1th gear.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/M2mLtV8TUdBMkddy9
    At the minimum value is one very important thing, Longitudinal Acc at the green is 0.7G clear sign I did not push the brake really... Next time on the red and blue aroung 1G what is ok for the R888R. Hard braking is important for the races.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/mPs2Giymy9yHnWTLA
    What you can see from the graph there is more interference between the red and blue lines, and just 0.01s difference on the laptime, there is much more in the car, so I must practice more.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty cool to look at Tommy. It's great to use to see where you can and cannot make up time, like you say you can see how hard you are braking and the corner speeds

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post used to get picture order for the next post
    Last edited by House; 17-08-20 at 08:07 PM.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Entry speed turn 1 Our entry speeds are within 1mph and house is 0.16 seconds ahead at this point of the lap.

Exit speed turn 1 Iain's exit speed is 3mph higher than House's and we can see that Iain has opened a gap of 0.12 of a second so just through turn 1 Iain is 0.26 quicker

Iain braking point turn 2 at the braking point Iain's speed is 114.5mph and he has pulled another 0.08 seconds over House.

House braking point turn 2 speed is the same as iain's but braking is much earlier than Iain's and although they brake with the same force, deccel rate is the same, House brakes for longer and slows more for turn 2

Braking point turn 3 is the same for both cars but Iaiin's speed is 6mph higher at the braking point.

Apex turn 3 iain's apex speed is 3mph higher at turn 3 and he's opened up 1.58 seconds over house.

Apex Speeds Turn 4 iain is faster down through turn 4 by 5mph with a lead of 2.16 seconds

By the end of the lap Iain has pulled out 2.362 seconds and House has some work to do in the braking zone of turn 2 and down through turn 4.
    Last edited by House; 17-08-20 at 08:06 PM.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Javelin sprint series went well at Cadwell Park, it was wet, no grip, broke the car on the sighting laps

New shafts on order, in the meantime I'm back on an old shaft for Brands on Monday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yonkers!

You would think that would be more likely to happen in the dry with too much grip? Or was it spinning in the wet then suddenly got grip??

Club Member Club Member JoeWak98's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    Javelin sprint series went well at Cadwell Park, it was wet, no grip, broke the car on the sighting laps

New shafts on order, in the meantime I'm back on an old shaft for Brands on Monday.
    Good effort sir haven?t seen many break like that!

What sort of maximum speed were you doing at cadwell before the shaft went? Would like to have a go at cadwell on a track day but don?t know if I?ll be screaming it?s head off with a 4.8 CWP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Club Member Club Member nova_niek's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Simps View Post
    Yonkers!

You would think that would be more likely to happen in the dry with too much grip? Or was it spinning in the wet then suddenly got grip??
    That's what I was thinking. Either that, or the shaft was on its way out already and didn't need much persuasion to break. That said, the break itself doesn't look like a typical repetitive strain crack you often see on bits that give in to repeated overload situations.

Thoughts anyone?
    One day I'll start a build thread. One day...

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default House's ITB XE build and re-build

Well, I did the sighting laps at Cadwell it was terrible, no grip at all, and as we all know I had a little off at Cadwell so something told me (sixth sense) something wasn't right, started getting an odd misfire, so I thought as it's pissing it down I'm done, on the trailer and home.

Got home, fiddled with all the plugs in the bay and went in a quick road test, 800 yards from home, second gear straight wheels, maybe 50% throttle.....BANG snappy snap.

2 random people stopped to ask if I was ok and one of them towed me back home!! (She was a legend)

It's snapped exactly at the circlip groove, now having spoken to Berrisford he said to me they all go there as it's the weakest point, it also had a square edge groove creating right angles in the bottom of the groove, stress point!!

Other shafts of mine have also started twisting

The new shafts from Berrisford have a slimmed down centre section (pics to follow) that apparently moves the stress away from the circlip groove and they'll be heat treated properly.

HHMS do it the other way, they move the circlip to the outer end of the shaft meaning no stress on the circlip groove. They also rotate the inside of the CV so the groove is on the inside, all great stuff. The only issue is that you have to use their CV's at ?128 each!!!

So I'm going with Berrisford who have an excellent rep for making shafts and we'll see what happens!!
    Last edited by House; 23-10-20 at 03:53 PM.