Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: k815 knj black sri

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rubachuk View Post
    Can't tell you anymore than above really. Try PMing womble sri maybe?
    Apologies dragging up old thread but saw (one of) my old cars and couldn't resist contributing !

I used to own this very car many many many moons ago.....at the time I searched high and low for an immaculate shell for an engine conversion....bought it as a bog standard almost matt black commuter runaround from Hertfordshire ! Much compound and machine polishing was required !!!

I wanted to create a true sleeper....

I completely stripped the original 1400 MPI out and fully seam welded/minted the engine bay, dropped her 60mm on the front on coilovers/60 mm drop on rear on springs and shocks with new 16" speedlines, braided brake hoses throughout....still maintaining all the external SRI vinyl.....as any true sleeper should !!

Internally she was treated to a digidash, subtle boost gauge....i liked the minimalist look

Engine out of a 2.0 4x4 Cav Turbo, fully rebuilt with Coscast head fitted by myself, F28 six speeder 2 WD converted with quaiffe limited slip diff, 300mm vectra front calipers and discs, 8 litre front mounted intercooler (the only external giveaway!!), straight through custom made mild steel Exhaust

This car seriously shifted....instant grin factor !

As a guide for how long ago this was - I did this conversion when Evo 7 or 8's were brand new (it was a while back!), and on one of my first outings royally showed one up on a major Essex A road...rolling start....up to *** mph (I cant say incase Mr Plod is reading this but mildly over the National Speed Limit) :D :D

I then realised after a while this car would probably become my own self built coffin, so i eventually stripped the engine and box out and sold it as an immaculate rolling shell to a friend of mine in Essex - Manningtree

AFAIK he then put a C20XE in it and it was later sold on....

The C20LET engine I removed lived another day, in a MK3 Astra GSI

I have photos of her back in the day and in the process of conversion....I can try and dig them out....

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah dig out the old photos, any plans to get another Nova?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by totalnova View Post
    Yeah dig out the old photos, any plans to get another Nova?
    Found them earlier, they were back in 2004 !!

No plans for another Nova-family wagons now !