Page 53 of 74 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Craig's Xe track Nova (pb fixed to page 10)

Go low or Go home. Moderator Benn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shame you dont add all the updates, i enjoy them.

Glad it's going better and your enjoying it. Cant wait to see videos... And more photos. I love photos!
    All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi
    Far from suicidal
    Still I get them tendencies
    Bringing back them memories
    That I really miss when I reminisce

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just being hyper picky on detailing I think it deserves! Great car overall & look forward to a video :D

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had this out with Track Attack Race club on Saturday in the Deutch Marques Cup. I entered it as an Opel Corsa which they seemed fine with. I managed to qualify 2nd overall and put it at the front of the grid for Race 1.

Being my first ever race i messed up the start and let a lot of cars through, but then picked through them and finished 3rd overall (2nd in Deutch Marques). The same happened in Race 2, where i only managed a 6th overall (again 2nd in Deutch Marques).

The car is fine, so with a spanner check, some tyres and fluids change it will be back out at Thruxton 2nd July.

Full video of Race 1 below. A few frustrating moments with missed gears, missed braking points and missed apex's which i will learn from.

Club Member Club Member nova_niek's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Straight cut gears
    One day I'll start a build thread. One day...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome result for a first days racing. You got a good sized trophy shelf?

Looks to handle well so further fine tuning should have it gaining yet better lap times I imagine?

What do you think caused the poor start? Amazing how quick the others seem to get off the line.

We will be discussing geometry in great depth over the coming weeks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for sharing; that's not a slow car

I bet your heart sank at the 12:00 minute mark! I don't wanna be critical of little things in a race environment as it's as hard as it gets ~ things like gear changes & lines etc all come from practice & confidence.

If you're wanting more turn in then add castor. If you're wanting better high speed stability & braking; aero aside; then go for larger wheels.

Great stuff man.

Club Member Club Member TallDave's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At last this car is used in anger, Yippeeeeee!

I had to knock the video quality back (crap equipment) so I could view the video, which doesn't help the viewing pleasure, not a fan of the position of the camera tbh, but thats my problem I suppose.

One small observation I did make was the gear lever kicking backwards and forwards more than I'd have expected, maybe this added to your gear change problems? Also seemed to have quite a long throw for a Quaife lever?

Thruxton should be a hoot, it should definitely get your attention through Noble, Village and Church round the back of the circuit , I just hope you don't run out of revs going up Woodham Hill to the Club chicane?

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    Awesome result for a first days racing. You got a good sized trophy shelf?

Looks to handle well so further fine tuning should have it gaining yet better lap times I imagine?

What do you think caused the poor start? Amazing how quick the others seem to get off the line.

We will be discussing geometry in great depth over the coming weeks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Red lights go out and i assume i waited for a green, I only put my foot down when i heard other engines, all learning i suppose

Quote Originally Posted by BRoadGhost View Post
    Thanks for sharing; that's not a slow car

I bet your heart sank at the 12:00 minute mark! I don't wanna be critical of little things in a race environment as it's as hard as it gets ~ things like gear changes & lines etc all come from practice & confidence.

If you're wanting more turn in then add castor. If you're wanting better high speed stability & braking; aero aside; then go for larger wheels.

Great stuff man.
    Thankyou, yes its a hard environment. The car has spent some time on the scales which you will probably know is just as important as geo. Its hard to get all the weights perfect but i did what i could.

Quote Originally Posted by TallDave View Post
    At last this car is used in anger, Yippeeeeee!

Not a fan of the position of the camera tbh, but thats my problem I suppose.

One small observation I did make was the gear lever kicking backwards and forwards more than I'd have expected, maybe this added to your gear change problems? Also seemed to have quite a long throw for a Quaife lever?

Thruxton should be a hoot, it should definitely get your attention through Noble, Village and Church round the back of the circuit , I just hope you don't run out of revs going up Woodham Hill to the Club chicane?
    Thanks Dave, Yes the camera angle is my own preference, it lets me see pedals, hands and observations. I appreciate it may not favour the spectator but my filming is mainly there for my own review and personal improvement

Gear shift is an issue I agree.

Thruxton will be fun, may run out of revs yes.
    Last edited by 8valve-craig; 13-06-16 at 12:50 AM.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fantastic result Craig,as I said on FB. I don't think it can be overstated what a fantastic achievement for your first race. I know only too well how gear change issues can mess cornering and braking up its hard to spot brake points ,apex,s etc when you are stirring the gearstick looking for a gear .I hope to pop down to watch at Thruxton

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair play mate, proper