Page 55 of 74 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: Craig's Xe track Nova (pb fixed to page 10)

Club Member Club Member Pistol Pete's Avatar
    Swindoncestershire Building: A Breeze Blue XE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cracking!! Goes very well indeed. Fair play for getting out there. Gives me ideas for mine when i'm finished mincing with it for shows etc.

Noob questions...how did you get into the racing. licenses, fees etc. Can you PM me or post here for others!
    My Rebuild

They're over there with their new toys. Someone brought them in. No idea who bought them though.....

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 8valve-craig View Post
    This may explain it. Looking at the pics i hit that kerb on every lap. Never mind.

Got to build them strong if you want to go curb hopping ,I broke a front tie bar mount doing it ,not quite that hard though

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree totally Jezz, it will be much stronger for Brands 30th July.

Pete its easier than you may think. Order an MSA "Go racing" pack which has your application form and a copy of the Grey book. Go to your doctor for a full medical then do your ARDS test (Castle Combe for you). All that's left is to build a car which fits the reg's and pay your entry fee. Turn up and race whoever is there.

You will need mostly in date safety gear (not seat), but that needn't be expensive, Its the same as any other hobby you can spend as much or as little money as you like.

Club Member Club Member Pistol Pete's Avatar
    Swindoncestershire Building: A Breeze Blue XE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, it really is easy!! Whats the fees like ££?

Oh oh....i feel an expensive new hobby coming on
    My Rebuild

They're over there with their new toys. Someone brought them in. No idea who bought them though.....

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have seen this car up close, all I can say is it's proper proper, really really impressive. Craig is alright too, I spose!!!

So many little things I love that will be going into my new one!!

Quite like those Cobra Evolution seats from earlier in the build, might get some of those!!!........

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks House. After Thruxton there was a fair bit of repair work to do to the crossmember, but the more i looked at it the more i realised it had to go. I spend a few hours per day over the last 3 weeks slowly removing and re-building it, managing to get it done and painted Thursday 28th July.

I decided to build a strut brace underneath to tie in the load bearing points, something i had seen on another car and liked.

And had to make the oil cooler mount removable which was a bit of a pain.

A quick clean, weigh in, geo session and it was on the trailer Friday afternoon heading to Brands Hatch.

I raced with Track Attack Race Club in the Deutsche Marques Cup, sharing a grid with the Nippon challenge and Tricolore Trophy. Good close racing, totally clean and lots of fun. Never been there before so only qualified 16th, but finished 8th overall in race #1 against some pretty quick cars.

Race #2 went well, again getting up to a similar position and setting a PB of 56.3 (semi slick) but i retired on lap 15 of 17 with a simple clutch pedal problem.

Video below of Race #2, we now have a 7 week break before Mallory Park so the engine mountings and gear linkage can be addressed, i already know what I am going to do about them.

Go low or Go home. Moderator Benn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love what you've done on the front end, looks great. That lower brace is very nice, must really tighten the front together.

Car looks like it goes really well out there and handles great. You pass a few with ease which is good to see.

That start, so many cars everywhere.
    Last edited by Benn; 01-08-16 at 12:25 PM.
    All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi
    Far from suicidal
    Still I get them tendencies
    Bringing back them memories
    That I really miss when I reminisce

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for sharing Craig.

IMO both you and the car are faster than even the stuff in front of you, BUT until you have 100% confidence & reliability in that GD gearlever, trolls in Clios are gonna think they've got the measure of you.

I feel your pain as I'm in a very similar position with my XE with a new gearbox & drivetrain, this time on a cable setup and there's things I need to do to improve changing into 4th and 2nd. The last thing you want when you've got such close ratios is issues selecting them at full tilt.

Watching the amount of movement on your lever though; I'd be upgrading to proper metalastic w/ ally & probably front gearbox 4th mount ~ You'll notice it straight away when you drive it on it's toes!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh and maybe a drivers footrest to stop any potential clutch riding problems

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As you know mate, this is impressive!!!!

There's nothing about it not to love!!!