Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: My nova (hotrod) of 13 years!

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bloody hell that was a long time ago! The first pic was with the leather trim I swapped Steve for the bucket seats that started the whole re-build!

Bit worried everyone seems to think it looked better in pink though!
    Last edited by hotrod; 31-10-12 at 05:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whats rims are they buddy?

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Milli-miglia! That's about all I can tell you mate not even sure they make that style anymore, I know they make some similar but haven't seen any others in years!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure on the front bumper these days though :s

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah Mark was thinking about that! Don't worry though I have a plan, just need to get it running first!

Senior User
    Sunny Sunderland by the sea. Well, inbetween there and Durham.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mille Miglia M11-2?

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possibly mate really not sure bought them like 12-13 years ago! had a lot of vodka through the system since then!

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So its been a while since I updated this post. Since the start of the year I've had to build a new garage (since the last one was ready to fall down!). It was a bit of a job just digging the car out and moving it since the whole front end was stripped and on axle stands. Finally managed to get it on the truck then home to her rightful place.
    Since getting her home I've refitted the motor for the final mock up, and im pleased I did since it looks like I haven't quite "shaved" the chassis leg enough.
    Even just clearing all the stuff out of the interior has made a huge difference (can see the final picture again. Haha)
    I felt a bit guilty chopping up an original uncut loom for her but these are the things you have to do if you want to tuck the wires I suppose. This is how she stands as of last night while I was busy trying to work out where to stash the oil cooler.
    Was planning on re-fitting the original XE cooler but after seeing what other people had done (looked much nicer) I decided to go shopping and buy a new cooler.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just had a wee read through your thread pal and I like the 90s look lairy bodykit in your face paint and mega sound system, I'm definitely going to be keeping an eye on this thread in the future :-)

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So it's been a while since I posted any updates on here so here goes. Since the last time the work has been getting done as and when I've had the time. I still haven't worked out where to fit the oil cooler but I have bought an aftermarket one.
    I have also managed to tuck the coil up behind the engine to keep the inner wings clutter free.
    I hope this doesn't get wet up thete and cause me running problems.
    I have also rose jointed my gear linkage (using the "how to" guide on here) and fitted a short shift. It still needs setting up but I'll do that once the engines up and running.

It looks a bit rough but I'll trim the bolts and tidy it up when I get the parts powder coated.
    I have also started on the bodywork by finally getting round to making a new bonnet. The vents have been fitted properly this time!

can't wait to get this painted and fitted.
    I'm sick of buying 2nd hand drive shafts that I'm promised will fit and turn out not too so i stopped messing about and bought a new pair of equal legnth shafts from LMF. Hope to get them fitted this weekend along with the new coilover's I bought off someone on the fb site.
    All in I don't think I have much more to buy for it now. It's all just a matter of polish/paint and sticking it all together!!