Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: mowglis rant about other road users...

Hull, East Yorkshire. Drives: Vectra V6 'rusty bus'
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MK999 View Post
    Wagon in lane 1 and 2, and the usual 60mph crew forced into the outside lane, I've actually seen 3 mile long traffic queues caused by this before as all the BMW/Audi's line up in lane 3, along with everyone else doing more than 60

Then in which case it is not the wagon drivers at fault there, but the dim witted numpty doing 60 in lane three, yet everyone always blames the wagons, why is this?

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well they do it on the m4 all the bloody time so no it's not crap

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spudly View Post
    Then in which case it is not the wagon drivers at fault there, but the dim witted numpty doing 60 in lane three, yet everyone always blames the wagons, why is this?
    Because if the wagons didnt insist on overtaking each other at minimal speed then the numptys wouldnt be forced in the 3rd lane!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tiger13... you forget that we only do 56mph because some tit in europe decided it would be a good idea....

then you get sainsbury's & waitrose fixing their wagons to only do 52mph.... and the rest of us need to pass them... and even worse, when they are on their way back to the depot, they are doing more like 45mph so they don't have time for a second load.. which is most probably the time you see them..

and the m4 is also the route for all the un-speed limited irish wagons coming from the fishguard ferry, and most of them know they can take the piss out of the uk laws cos they are practically unenforcable

whilst we are on the m4, please tell me why it costs nearly £20 to go west on the severn bridge, but is free going east??

also when we have passed, we pull back in, car drivers don't, and this seems to be a uniquely british thing, cos on mainland europe, cars always pull back in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't mind tesco/ Morrison / asda doing 50mph it's the ones at 85KPH that bug me, my limiter is 89KPH so yes I will overtake and yes it will be slow and yes it's anoying for car drivers but if they were in my shoes they would do exactly the same thing.
    success is only limited by a weak mind

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger13 View Post
    Lorries should be banned from overtaking in the wet, Its dangerous pure and simple
    If you can't drive past a lorry in the wet then I suggest handing in your man card along with your driving liecence and stick to public transport.
    success is only limited by a weak mind

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bazil View Post
    If you can't drive past a lorry in the wet then I suggest handing in your man card along with your driving liecence and stick to public transport.
    I didn't say I couldn't I just said it was dangerous and if you dont think being in the fast lane on a motorway with zero visibility isn't dangerous then maybe it's you that needs to hand back your licence!

I understand and agree with you Mowgli, It is usually eastern european wagons doing it or irish ones as you stated but none-the-less its a pain and im sure it's a pain for other wagon drivers too, Im not saying it's the drivers faults because clearly at restricted speeds its the fault the law, It's just a little annoying when it takes me over an hour to get from Cardiff to Bristol because of it!

As for the bridge it's an absolute joke and at £6 a car it's not funny especially when doing it often, I know when I lived in Spain a lot of europe has much more tolls but then with that being said the car tax is 30 euros a year, With the punishingly high car taxes imposed on the British there shouldn't be any tolls at all!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i shall also join in this,

people who try and dive down the inside of you trying to get ahead on islands, my main beef is with the rugby one on the a5, no matter on how wide you go, the trailer allways goes in the other lane, and theres some dingbat trying to undertake you in there in his brandnew company bmw,

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont give a **** i undertake all the time im not comming out of lane one all the way tolan 3 just to overtake some dick sitting in the middle lane
    ^^^ did you just read that? what a idiot ^^^

PROJECT 2 FAST 2 FAT clicky

''lifes what happens, while your busy making plans''

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by turbojolt View Post
    i dont give a **** i undertake all the time im not comming out of lane one all the way tolan 3 just to overtake some dick sitting in the middle lane
    Agreed, Usually when I undertake in that situation the middle lane ****er normally gets the finger!