Thread: NEED HELP! Please

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Idle problems, now car won't start! :(

Hi I have a redtop nova with a power cap and the donut type seal that attaches to the air flow meter was burst so I assumed that this was causing my idle problems, any I replaced the seal and jubelee clipped everything so it was a lot better than it was, the car ran with no problems for a day and then started bogging out again, I went out to it today and it won't even start now, any ideas????? I'm lost without my wee car thanks in advance for any input
    Last edited by dazjno1; 10-04-12 at 08:55 PM.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lambda sensor can cause those symptoms, Its an the exhaust, It did it on my e36 but im sure someone else can help further, Just an idea :-)

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also crank sensor when the engine gets warm it will either cut out or go into limp mode (if its braking down) if its broke then it just wont start

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a weird one because when it was doing it before I changed the seal I could push the flow meter towards the power cap and it would stop and idle fine so I was sure it was that, now it's worse! Lol I read another post about cleaning out the icv? Would this help?