Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheap shipping from Germany/Help from German members?

Senior User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Cheap shipping from Germany/Help from German members?

While using ebay.de I've been coming across the odd few that won't arrange shipping to the UK, and it's usually on the bits I really want

Now, those that can arrange it seem to be able to send something the size of say, a BMW rear spoiler for 20-30 euros, a set of large alloys for around 60-70 euros etc, and I just can't get anywhere near these prices using UK sites? Any idea who they're using and how?

Alloys arrived via UPS I believe and spoiler via fed ex, but quotes from these companies direct are coming in at 3 figures.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm coming over to the UK at the end of this month. Where are these parts situated mate?

Mallwyd, thats rally country to you! . . Drives: . . . . .1.7TD Novavan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MK999 View Post
    While using ebay.de I've been coming across the odd few that won't arrange shipping to the UK, and it's usually on the bits I really want

Now, those that can arrange it seem to be able to send something the size of say, a BMW rear spoiler for 20-30 euros, a set of large alloys for around 60-70 euros etc, and I just can't get anywhere near these prices using UK sites? Any idea who they're using and how?

Alloys arrived via UPS I believe and spoiler via fed ex, but quotes from these companies direct are coming in at 3 figures.
    I use UPS all the time now, just set up an account with them on credit, and then you will get what they call "preferential adjustment" and all of a sudden a £120 shipment only costs £54, I once got a hardtop for an MG collected with a time slot and wrapped by UPS, delivered next day to my work for less than £15, you tell any seller that youll get it collected and you can suddenly buy anything, just today I got 600kg of oak collected from france and delivered to home for just £163.51, compare that to a set of 80kg alloys and you see the saving

Heckington, Lincs. Drives: 3.1 Trooper & XE'd Nova SR Garage Ornament
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the price varies depending on whether you are sending, or having things collected. I once sent a V6 brake setup to portugal for £30, but out of curiosity I reversed the addresses, but still with me purchasing it, and all of a sudden the price trebled. so it may be cheaper for the seller to arrange it than for you to

Senior User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seller is being difficult as I translated one of his messages wrong, and thought he said I could arrange shipping when he actually said no shipping to UK So he's demanding 150 euro to deliver them, I'm sure I can get it cheaper than this but I'm struggling to find a source for it, I have a quote of £92 which is best so far via shiply.

Parts are in Bohlen, Germany. 4x alloy wheels, fairly large though, 17x10's. I'm not sure the guy is gonna be flexible with collection etc though... if you can do it let me know though and I'll see what I can arrange!

edit: Also just tried setting up a UPS account, they need a company VAT number to set up credit, and their prices for private shipping with a UPS account are the same.
    Last edited by MK999; 05-04-12 at 12:00 AM.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Road trip?

Senior User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Google says £300 in fuel to go there and back unfortunately Even his quote is better than that!

Senior User
    Sunny Sunderland by the sea. Well, inbetween there and Durham.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MK999 View Post
    quotes from these companies direct are coming in at 3 figures.
    Don't be a newbie Mark!

With couriers, you usually get the cheapest deal by using a middle man. Strange I know. Go straight to UPS, and prepare to be dry ass fcuked. Find UPS via a P2G type site and the prices are always much cheaper.

I know you will dsipute this, and say otherwise, but the fact is I have sent and received large and small stuff from all over the world, and I NEVER pay a lot on shipping.

Senior User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tried parcel monkey, hermes, P4D and P2G, all came in at ridiculous amounts. Which is why I went on to trying companies direct. If you can find me a price better then great, apparently all the germans use hermes but it refuses to quote for foreign collection.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I get scooter parts from the Germans it's always dhl they use