Thread: Weird digi problem

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Weird digi problem

My digis on my xe are going mental, they are wired in as per the diagram on here, but the rev counter only works when the heaters are on full!!, is this a common fault, I have both tick & curve dash and they both are doing the same thing, any ideas please, or can I bypass anything & fit a wire direct from the coil to the back of the dash?

Mallwyd, thats rally country to you! . . Drives: . . . . .1.7TD Novavan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jaywalker View Post
    My digis on my xe are going mental, they are wired in as per the diagram on here, but the rev counter only works when the heaters are on full!!, is this a common fault, I have both tick & curve dash and they both are doing the same thing, any ideas please, or can I bypass anything & fit a wire direct from the coil to the back of the dash?
    I assume they were working fine, or is this a fresh install? is everything else on the dash working as expected like the handbrake light etc?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah you could do that just run the wire outside the car first to check it first do your not routing it all the way through for nothing

Things like that are usually earth problems

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No it's not a fresh install, lit's all been properly with heat shrink too, so if I wire a separate wire to the clocks & straight to the coil do I need to remove the original green wire from the loom plug or can I just disconnect it from
    Coil and clock loom, does this not have to be earthed etc or is it just a spade connector onto the coil then a wire to the plug on the clocks? Also why does it work when the heaters are on, I'm no electrician either do don't baffle me with science ��
    Thanks for the info,

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also the heater switch lights are not on would this cause any problems with the dash?