Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wife + Baby - Nova = Zafira GSI?

Mallwyd, thats rally country to you! . . Drives: . . . . .1.7TD Novavan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Wife + Baby - Nova = Zafira GSI?

In a nut shell...

Now that I've been married a few years the wife has started making all kinds of extravagant demands, the latest of which nearly saw me split with the love of my life and no matter what the cost, I couldn't let this happen.

So after an argument, I went outside to see her and reassure my love that that under no uncertain terms the wife will go before the Nova, so I went back in and told the wife to buck up her ideas (or words to that effect)....

Needless to say I had a bottle of cravendales finest launched at me (thank god for plastic bottles) then a little make up sex and somehow an agreement of sorts came about.

She required a family of not more than 2 children with 2/4 years age gap, however there were some T's&C's

The following terms were.
    The Nova must go as I will need every weekend free not to perform essential weekly maintenance, but to change s**t ridden nappies and rub her feet etc etc.
    As the Nova is lacking, the replacement must have some form of safety device, albeit abs or an air-bag, and not the inherent Vauxhall rust-based crumple zones.
    The replacement must have 5 doors and be practical with an ample boot should it be required.
    The Replacement must resemble a cross-over or people carrier and be higher than 4" from the ground.

Basically all of which lead be to the Zafira GSI, although I will have to sell the Nova, its still a semi-win in regards to I don't think there utter rubbish and the bank balance cant take a nissan juke yet.

Now the point of this thread, what's your thoughts on the Zafira GSI (It will be in blue btw) is it fun to drive, because lets be honest, I really don't care about practicality, my thoughts are that if i have to ferry kids around then I want something fun to drive.

Club Member Club Member blue_peg_16v's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My x wife told me it was her or the nova once which resulted in a divorce and me paying her 25k plus solicitors fees would of been cheaper to get rid of the nova but it's still in the garage and she was a pain in the ass

I like the zafira Gsi for a big bus they go well and look good but they have absolutely no boot space with the 3rd row of seats up
    told you saloons are the future!!!!!!!

Mallwyd, thats rally country to you! . . Drives: . . . . .1.7TD Novavan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blue_peg_16v View Post
    but they have absolutely no boot space with the 3rd row of seats up
    Im not telling her about the 6th/7th seats, there coming out before it would get home, otherwise she would think its a reason to fire out more sprogs... must admit tho, my terms with agreeing to all this was that im getting a skyline or a caterham when i turn 40!

Club Member Club Member blue_peg_16v's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The floor is recessed for the 6-7 seats to fit in as they clod flat if you take them out the boot will be a funny shape leave them in folded flat and get a boot liner to hide them
    told you saloons are the future!!!!!!!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She would be told to go fcuk herself tbh

chippy shoulder Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ABS and airbags won't stop the car from becoming a cube at any tangible road speed....

You don't/won't need a massive car! We started out with a MK4 astra SRI and that was more than enough for hauling the crap about for a sub 18 month old. We then got a Passat Estate because she wanted a more door and docent like saloons. Of course the crap being hauled is more because the boot is bigger... but thats a function of available space not that we needed the space.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    ABS and airbags won't stop the car from becoming a cube at any tangible road speed....

You don't/won't need a massive car! We started out with a MK4 astra SRI and that was more than enough for hauling the crap about for a sub 18 month old. We then got a Passat Estate because she wanted a more door and docent like saloons. Of course the crap being hauled is more because the boot is bigger... but thats a function of available space not that we needed the space.
    we have just bought a passat estate, its whopping, got a 2 year old and a new baby on the way in 3 months. went for a 130sport model and tbh it goes really well.

we started with a 306 hatchback, and was big enough. a struggle if we went a way, but we got a roofbox for it so that solved that problem. what ever you got you need to make sure you can atleast fit a pushchair in the boot.

chippy shoulder Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we have a PD130 SE, its surprised the life out of me as I was expecting the dullest car known to man and its actually a good laugh to get round the lanes and then does the DC/Mway cruise with ease and cheapness

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just get a touran, and sod high performance

Senior User
    Somewhere under the bonnet. Drives: Mark 4 Astra GSi turbo. Builds: Nothing yet.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which GSi? Turbo? Or non turbo?