Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Miami blue 1.0 loon :)

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can drill the centre of the snapped bolt and use a stud exstractor which has an opposite grip thread that grips your drilled hole and unscrews out with the tool.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I said on Facebook, too many doors

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanSRi View Post
    As I said on Facebook, too many doors
    you say that, i saw somewhere "fourdoorsmorewhores" :P

Nice to see another 1.0 sally though, i can definitely relate about being nippy around town

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trivs_Tom View Post
    you say that, i saw somewhere "fourdoorsmorewhores" :P

Nice to see another 1.0 sally though, i can definitely relate about being nippy around town
    Not when he's got a girlfriend

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol,
    Today Ive not done much, ordered new headlight clips because mine are a bit crap,
    Planning on taking the nova off the road for the snow as I'd rather not ruin her, so it'll give me time to give her it's first tidy up in my ownership, the battery tray is mint but where the previous owner didn't clamp the battery it's scraped some paint and I can see that starting some rust, so will sort that, corsa sport brakes, painting the drums and calipers to tidy it up. Want to check for rust as its too good to be true, possibly drop an sr lump in and an Ashley exhaust, that's about it tbf, Id like to clear coat the the turrets etc and build the engine up nicely but my lack of knollege means I need help from friends but I try my best

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lovely loon mate, also agree with keeping the OHV engine - not a bad engine really, great around town and got decent poke for just 1.0 litres. Just a pain when they're neglected.

You've inspired me to perhaps spray my rocker cover red...could go with the black/red theme I have on mine!

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now then, ive nt been on for a few days, however someone bricked one of my windows over xmas, so that was boarded up until today when i got paid, i went to ashford vauxhall spares to get a repacement,

i plan to stash the nova away in the lockup and use the corsa for a few months so i get time to give the nova a freshen up, i wwanted to keep it origional but am considering a 1.2 carb engine as a replacement to the 1.0 OHV engine

Im currently looking for some new wheels and a set of coilovers for it, also a set of clear rear lights so i can tint them red, Ill get some pics up tomorrow once shes got her new window in, and had a bath

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, not been on here for a while, heres the last pic i took before sorn'ing her, Since i took it off the road ive had a 1.1 saxo, but it was generally crap, not great on fuel, swapped that for a daihatsu charade auto, that was ok but crap on fuel, so sold that and got a 106 Diesel off gumtree. Very impressed with the fuel economy its giving, anyway.. here we go,

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks good Joe. Better than the red one!

Forget the cheap runabouts - just keep this one on the road and it will cost you less in the long run!

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, not posted for a while, the nova has been off the road, but i got sick of missing it so sold the 106 daily, stuck the nova in for its mot and passed first time with no advisories :D

Now shes legal again i set about sorting a couple of issues she has, i.e heater matrix leaking slightly, blower motor not working, filthy front seats.
    the misses bought me a set of aero wipers off ebay, so will get them on when they arrive,

also got a pair of front seat protectors for when i have the seats steam cleaned, a new blower off novarally, along with a heater matrix also off him,. top guy with very fair prices!..

and a random picture of the loon the night i forgot to put petrol in