Thread: Stock Hatch Championship Winning Nova GTE

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Stock Hatch Championship Winning Nova GTE

At long last it is time for me to part with my double championship winning Nova GTE. The car has been used in the 750MC Stock Hatch Championship in Class B for pre-'92 hatchbacks. All cars have to use the standard size motor - so this is 1.6l 8v The car has been competitive throughout it's whole racing history, starting in 2005. I bought it in 2008 and won the 2009 and 2011 Class B titles with it, scoring 5 wins in each season. It's got bags of torque for a 1.6, which means it gets off the line and out of corners like a beast! Would make an ace trackday weapon even if you don't want to race it!

Picture from Oulton Park this year

The car is one of the best spec'd on the Class B grid, featuring;
    Blueprinted engine with MBE ECU, set up at Dennis Vessey's Rolling Road,
    +0.5mm oversize pistons,
    3-angle valve seats (head was new this year off a 23,000 miles donor),
    Bilstein Dampers,
    Custom-made fuel tank and swirl pot system (can run as low as 2 litres of petrol without fuel starvation!),
    Baffled Sump,
    2" Stainless Exhaust system,
    Fuel and brake lines through the car,
    Tilton lever-style brake bias.

The car has twice been stripped for inspection by the club but has always passed as legal. The rollcage was updated this year to comply with MSA regulations.

The car starts on the button every time, and requires nothing except for a new transponder (as I always borrowed one for racing previously). Even the belts are in date and the fire extinguisher is serviced. The engine was refreshed mid-season following technical inspection so the current rings and shells have done only half a season.

Bad points: The car is a bit untidy, it shows many scars of close racing over the last 6 years. However none of them are that noticeable from the distance the spectators view from, and I do have some repair panels that will go with the car. Despite this, the car has been praised by club scrutineers for the strength and quality of its floorpan and welding, so the damage is cosmetic only.

I have a lot of spares available including radiators, wings, bumpers, even a genuine GM repair panel for the driver's side rear quarter - as well as mirrors, wheels, lights, etc. I even have all of the gear for you to put it back to standard management if you so wished. I have 8 wheels for it (including the 4 on it!) each with tyres that are still legal for race use. The tyres on the car currently ran mostly at the end of the season when much of the track time was wet, so wear was minimal.

You could pick this car up and be racing within the week, if you could find a car of this pedigree at a similar price I would be very surprised!

£2900

Give me a call on 07717 520585 or pm me on here. I am happy to talk about anything regarding this car. You can see it in action of my YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Last edited by kbf71; 07-12-11 at 11:00 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sold!