Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: good bye paintball

Senior User
    Somewhere under the bonnet. Drives: Mark 4 Astra GSi turbo. Builds: Nothing yet.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I think youve completely failed to read the OP contents....

ANYTHING OVER 370fps will allegedly be deemed "illegal" unless youve got a license to own such firearms. If your job relys on such equipment & you can prove it etc then being granted a section 5 firearms license shouldnt be an issue at all.

BUT, the original info is neither here nor there anyway, as theres been talk of it for over ten years now & nothings changed at all.
    [sarcasm]Effectively then t'is all interwebz facts and totally troofs.[/sarcasm]

Those who own air rifles etc will be fine for now then...

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as far as i know you cant be granted a section 5 unles you are a dealer in fire arms, i know when they bought in the laws about brococks that you could keep them on your fac, but others could not handle/shoot them and if you want to despose of them you have to hand them in to the police!
    i asked our fac officer and he knows nothing of this at the moment.

there are white papers coming out every week, lucky this government dont wanna ban everything.

on a diffrent note is there a part of this forum to introduce yourself

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ratboy View Post
    i asked our fac officer and he knows nothing of this at the moment.
    Proof is in the pudding so they say.

If, IF anything under 370fps became illegal, that would deem nearly every single paintball gun, air rifle, gas powered bb gun etc an hactual illegal firearm. Now, lets say a modest 5% of the UK's 61.8m people own such device.. thats a shade over 3m weapons goin go one each! For starters Ive got 3, my brother has 4 paintball markers, mate of mine has 2 etc etc blah blah yadda yadda.

How anyone is going to collate, catalouge & then bring to justice that amount of people is beyond me.

Ergo, a bit of initiative cries a mass amount of bs of any such law.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think youve completely failed to read the OP contents....

ANYTHING OVER 370fps will allegedly be deemed "illegal" unless youve got a license to own such firearms. If your job relys on such equipment & you can prove it etc then being granted a section 5 firearms license shouldnt be an issue at all.

BUT, the original info is neither here nor there anyway, as theres been talk of it for over ten years now & nothings changed at all.
    No, haven't failed to read it. The thing is, you don't just get a license to own firearms of one particular section or another; rather you get "slots" that are specific to one gun - as in my FAC states that I can own a single .22lr rifle, a single .17hmr rifle, a single. 22 FAC air rife (over 12 fpe) and moderators for all three. A shotgun certificate, however, grants you the permission to own as many shotguns of any calibre as you can physically ram into a cabinet (provided that they are'nt Section 1 or 5 firearms as defined by law).

What concerns me is that I would have to add ( at a cost, I might add) three additional slots for my air rifles and pistol, and a further two for the moderators for the rifles if this happened. I don't want to be forced into having more guns on my ticket than I have to because of a small element of society who are nothing to do with me or with legal shooting in general, which is what is being inferred in the OP - hence my comment about the law-abiding shooter suffering as a result of a few idiots.

As such, the vast majority of people who currently own and shoot an airgun have no license, because one is not needed; if they all had to apply retrospectively for an FAC there would be a huge pressure placed on an already overburdened firearms licensing system.

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the law-abiding shooter suffering as a result of a few idiots.

yep agree with that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jackroadkill View Post
    As such, the vast majority of people who currently own and shoot an airgun have no license, because one is not needed; if they all had to apply retrospectively for an FAC there would be a huge pressure placed on an already overburdened firearms licensing system.
    this man talks sense

Senior User
    Somewhere under the bonnet. Drives: Mark 4 Astra GSi turbo. Builds: Nothing yet.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

initiative
    + Government = Myth

Quote Originally Posted by Jackroadkill View Post
    Sense at last.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bai1ey View Post
    this man talks sense
    Quote Originally Posted by TeddyThom View Post
    Sense at last.
    Thanks lads.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't know if it's been mentioned but basicly the bread and butter of firearms is that it includes anything from the following... LETHAL, BARRELLED, WEAPON... This is of any discription from which any shot, bullet or missile can be discharged.

So really it covers everything .

It's pretty much down to the discretion of an officer either reg or firearms trained to choose if it needs seizing.

EDIT -
    Oh and it comes under Section 16a of the Firearms Act if you use any of the above to cause fear or violence to another person.

Can you imagine all the kids that could be locked up right now .
    Last edited by NovaLad; 10-11-11 at 04:52 PM.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wonder how fast i can fire the wrapper off a maccys straw