Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: good bye paintball

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

on my gun club wall it has a simple thing writen.

if guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and police....

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

intresting watching police with guns for the first time.. intresting bieng a very apropriate word

Senior User
    Somewhere under the bonnet. Drives: Mark 4 Astra GSi turbo. Builds: Nothing yet.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowgli View Post
    uk gun murders per year, average about a couple of hundred, whereas in america its more like 20000.......
    But the amount of people that live in america... IE population count etc... Ratio wise it's probably about the same...

Also the general question is, are air rifles goin to be banned?? The current legal limit is 12 foot lbs... Does this mean then that that will be classed as a lethal weapon??

Same as a catapault (sp?) they are now classed as rubber guns and as such can't screw around with them like I used to :/

Education is the key.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tedward, you should know better than to try to prove me wrong.....

usa 312 million
    uk 62 million

so 5 times the population should make it about 1000 deaths in the states compared the the uk. so its 20 times more than the population difference

Senior User
    Somewhere under the bonnet. Drives: Mark 4 Astra GSi turbo. Builds: Nothing yet.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mike, in all seriousness though I was only guesstimating so not really trying to prove anyone wrong

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first time i went to florida, wifeys cousin was going out with some stoopid white bloke, he offered to give me a ride in his mustang, which was ok....he thought i was from new england, i explained that i was from the old one... Then for no reason, he showed me his rather large handgun... I asked him why he had it, and he couldn't answer me.. Oh, it was in the gloveboot..& loaded.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you can have it, why not??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hang on - I'm a member of several shooting forums and have been shooting various types of firearm for the last twenty years, and although I'm aware of the inquiry into the Cumbria murders and the prospective review of the firearms licensing system, I can honestly say that, as of this moment, legal-limit air guns, airsoft guns and paintball markers, bows and crossbows are all legal to own without any form of license unless you are legally barred from owning or purchasing one.

ACPO don't have the right to change the law - they can petition the governmnet to change the law but they have no legal authority to do this themselves.

I'd like to know (confidentially if necessary) where the OP got his information from, not because I don't believe him - far from it - but because it could concieveably affect my livlihood if / when it comes to pass.

I wouldn't be sorry to see all air rifles go on ticket, really, but it has to be said that the vast majority of crimes committed with air guns are not committed by regular members of the shooting fraternity, but usually by youths who are having "a laugh", shooting cats etc.

This (if it is really going to happen) will be another case of the legitimate shooter being punished for the crimes of others, and more to the point others who still won't give a damn about whether they have an air rifle / airsoft replica legally or illegally.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jackroadkill View Post
    Hang on - I'm a member of several shooting forums and have been shooting various types of firearm for the last twenty years, and although I'm aware of the inquiry into the Cumbria murders and the prospective review of the firearms licensing system, I can honestly say that, as of this moment, legal-limit air guns, airsoft guns and paintball markers, bows and crossbows are all legal to own without any form of license unless you are legally barred from owning or purchasing one.

ACPO don't have the right to change the law - they can petition the governmnet to change the law but they have no legal authority to do this themselves.

I'd like to know (confidentially if necessary) where the OP got his information from, not because I don't believe him - far from it - but because it could concieveably affect my livlihood if / when it comes to pass.

I wouldn't be sorry to see all air rifles go on ticket, really, but it has to be said that the vast majority of crimes committed with air guns are not committed by regular members of the shooting fraternity, but usually by youths who are having "a laugh", shooting cats etc.

This (if it is really going to happen) will be another case of the legitimate shooter being punished for the crimes of others, and more to the point others who still won't give a damn about whether they have an air rifle / airsoft replica legally or illegally.
    I think youve completely failed to read the OP contents....

ANYTHING OVER 370fps will allegedly be deemed "illegal" unless youve got a license to own such firearms. If your job relys on such equipment & you can prove it etc then being granted a section 5 firearms license shouldnt be an issue at all.

BUT, the original info is neither here nor there anyway, as theres been talk of it for over ten years now & nothings changed at all.