Thread: daily driver for this year

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default daily driver for this year

I have put my mini cooper back on the road with a lot of work after it has had 7 years lying. I remembered it being a bit uncomfortable but, after the 1992 nova, lowered with the massive wheels and slow 1.2i engine, the cooper is far faster and more comfortable on the road.

Here it was last week, MOT'd but still needing a few jobs,

Here it is 2 days, pretty pleased with the results, also are many mechanical repairs etc.

However.........I am also running my SR as the "weekend" car. It is miles superior from the cooper in speed, refinement and comfort, I love my minis, but going into a proper Nova (not a chavved crap one) is so good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i had a mini when i was 12 it was the best mini shell i have ever seen it was an old mans and only had 12000 miles and no rust at all
    powered by 1.2

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahhh a real mini...there a genuine cooper sport around here, has the twin fuel tanks n all...

i likes muchly...

(XE it)

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is one of 3...
    I have a 1960 Austin seven (my favourite mini) drove it from Aberdeen to birmingham and back in 2009 for the 50th anniversary. It drove perfectly as always.
    1972 car that we owned as a family, i traced the car a few years ago but it is still in bits, literally. It is the next project, but a major project!
    And the cooper.

The best body work and build quality has to be the 1960 car, the quality of the steel is far superior to the paper with no actual primer (electro coating a thousand of an inch they call it) we get nowadays. Suppose that would be why there are so many early 60s cars still on the go.