Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: i like it but is it really worth that much

yorkshire: Drives. A3 Sline,Octavia VRS & J20LTB
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Without doubt Im sure you will enjoy your purchase Womble. Did you get the plate with it? I think I would remove the graphics If it was mine as It would look more subtle and less recognisable If thats what your after. Engine wise If it doesnt have a wideband setup then thats what I would have fitted as then you will have piece of mind that the fuelling is ok. Im unsure on Regal as Ive heard many bad reports over the years but Specky works for Rs Tuning in leeds and has fantastic C20let knowledge so maybe that would be a better option If you want it checking and setting up. As far as Im aware you cant re write the map on eds chips but I could be wrong. Standalone management systems are the ones that can be re-mapped and tailored to suit the cars needs but are expensive to do so.

Nick.
    Last edited by Nick J; 17-07-11 at 11:12 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by womble sri View Post
    And to drive a 1200 mile round trip just to view it!!!!
    Rather you then me

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Worth every penny imo liked that car before i liked nova's

Hull, East Yorkshire. Drives: Vectra V6 'rusty bus'
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well done mr Womble, another fine nova under your belt, youve always seemed to have tidy clean examples and here is another one, just dont park it like you did your old white SRi

As others have said the asking price is way more than i could ever justify paying for a nova but some are starting to fetch massive monies now, i was gobsmacked when Nic Caro's nova sold for upwards of £4k iirc, and that was three or four years back now, hell look at what merris said earlier in this thread, he has just paid £3700 for what is basically a 1.3 SR thats still running a smallblock carb 1300, hell thats tidy let nova money all day long, but as has always been the case, the car is always worth, what the seller wants to pay and nothing more!

Club Member Club Member womble sri's Avatar
    Hertfordshire, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick J View Post
    Without doubt Im sure you will enjoy your purchase Womble. Did you get the plate with it? I think I would remove the graphics If it was mine as It would look more subtle and less recognisable If thats what your after. Engine wise If it doesnt have a wideband setup then thats what I would have fitted as then you will have piece of mind that the fuelling is ok. Im unsure on Regal as Ive heard many bad reports over the years but Specky works for Rs Tuning in leeds and has fantastic C20let knowledge so maybe that would be a better option If you want it checking and setting up. As far as Im aware you cant re write the map on eds chips but I could be wrong. Standalone management systems are the ones that can be re-mapped and tailored to suit the cars needs but are expensive to do so.

Nick.
    Thanks Nick, it has a lumination air/fuel meter and display in the car so i assume that will allow me to monitor any fuel starvation? Looks wise im not to sure i was looking over sports last night and love them to bits, although this dealersport is unique but its not my own and i have always been fond of sleepers myself. As for management i guess ill have to find a RR a bit more local and see what management they are able to map. I'll ask Stu if he knows anywhere as im sure he will now that his interested in seeing the car

Club Member Club Member womble sri's Avatar
    Hertfordshire, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and yes had to have the plate

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by womble sri View Post
    Cheers Mr T, why do you say that? it seemed to run line a dream? Will it be worth having ot mapped up? its on EDS management, do you know if they are an out the box hi/low boost maps or can the chips be reprogrammed? Think ill ring regal! Got a lot of learning to do about lets!
    no theres defo not anything wrong with it its just what i'd have done for my own piece of mind, tbh last time i spoke to him there was a problem with the fuel pump which he had replaced and he said it has never went wrong otherwise, i'd leave the running gear as in engine/gbox as it is imo as its been on the go a while and never went wrong so not worth messing about with it imo, im just pissed off a little bit as i really wanted the car and offered good money for it a while back but he would'nt sell it and when he does i have no funds, anyway enjoy and have fun

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very nice buy there Mr Womble, one of my fav big blocks

Price was a bit high IMO, but if you want the best you pay it

Styling wise I think it looks awesome but I completely understand you wanting to put your own touch on it

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so thats the rant over because someone not on crack has bought it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by christurboo View Post
    so thats the rant over because someone not on crack has bought it
    no, not at all, not even a rant, merely pointing out the obvious & saying what many are/were thinking. Yeah ok, it looks nice & its built nice, but IMO its not £8k nice Suppose it means I could sell my Corsa once finished for about £5.5k though, which is nice.