Senior User
    lisburn northern Ireland / Portsmouth Hampshire
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My mk 1 red rideing hood

Ive been just being generally lazy and browseing the forum and not posted in a while some of you may recall i bought another shell as YXI is beyond repair and the shell came at a very reasonable price , progress will be slow as i have been working as many hours as i can to fund this nova im a refrigeration engineer and work anti-social hours so i dont get on the net as much as i would like too .

manky old nova flair interior was quick to be removed as i had a more appropriate sr interior from my last car . Nath

first time the car has seen a bit of light from 2003 iirc il check the old tax and mot

after a wash down to remove all the grime built up on her

was nice to see an un-used spair wheel and tool kit in the car

so far i have G3 the whole body and plastered the doors and boot corners with wax oil the colour has come up well i shall add pics later showing my results , im happy but it shows up imperfections in the car little dints but its to be expected the cars over 20 years old

i then got in contact with a boy from larne who hill climbs novas and bought mark one headlights and one piece front bumper and grill and snow plough i think i got a good deal as some of the clips are there and the screw caps are also present , i plan to have the car looking early sr-ish YELLOWNOVASR has a mk 1 wrap around spoiler for me also i think it will look well on my plain early tail gate

ive also fitted a volt metre in the blank for the clock as it will be essential as i plan to have some subtle audio equipment and a slimline ps2 purely for san andreas im a big gamer so i think it will be cool .

until the next update folks Over and out ! ! ! Nath
    Last edited by boyle_46; 10-08-09 at 03:57 PM.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heres my bumper and snowplough picked up

starting with the g3 , i dont ever want to do this again my arms are like arnie after a good few hours im too manly to use a buffer or is it that i dont have one i borrowed a friends to do the rest i redone the bonnet as it also came of the saloon in the previous post

heres before the wash and cleaning only picture i have off the front end it has the panel there to be welded im just saving to get it done to a good standard hopefully william can help me out if i get the money saved up

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks a nice little car mate mk1's rule

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should be good to see this one taking shape Nathan! Might be over at the summer so we'll need to meet up

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks lik a gud shell, look after her!

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks goood man

i like :D

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not a picture update just bumping my own thread , ive got a GTE engine box and loom sorted for the car now im going to also put a high lift cam on her , im undecided yet on what brakes to use , i have found some burberry front seats that came from a friends SR i swapped them for the manky flair rear seats as he wants blue sr interior , i appoligise for the pics being all over the place il have it all sorted for the weekend i usally work quite late into the evening so i dont spend much time on the pc pic updates will be soon lads .Nath

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok bit of progress

got the gte engine complete with gearbox

collected the roll cage i sanded this down and repainted matt black and put the correct stickers on

heres the cage in and the fia stickers on

the cage was a tight fitt i had to undo the seat belts to get it in properly but it looks well now

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i then recieved the stickers from ebay and got them on

i collected the car earlier from willys and he had fitted my gsi steering wheel for me ( cheers mate ) .

and for the rest of the day i polished up the bodywork as it had been neglected this is the best result i could get on the bonnet and roof i have nearly a full bottle of super resin polish on the parts i cleaned up heres the result

i know i have the later sr bumper and grill just sitting on as i wanted to see if i preferred them over the one piece and the plough , im undecided still but i think the late sr bumpers will go on for a while althow everybody i speak to tells me to keep the plough ?

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep the plough fella!
    Really tidy looking motor that, roof and bonnet have come up really well.
    Keep cracking, I'll be watching this one!