Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fully Comp - Can i drive anything ?

chippy shoulder Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lupo 1.7 sdi.... dog turd slow but a bazillion mpg and nearly free tax. Should be cheapenough to insure. Plus Lupos dont seem to be depreciating so you wont lose cash on the purchase

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont know it mate, red one on 88k, its on bbs so im guessing the ones that came on the mk2 gti golf standard at the price it is, no pics of it either but gotta be worth a look

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mates was red with black BBS. 13's I think. Had a 4 branch fitted and a new exhaust just before he sold it £300's worth. Was a awesome car, very very quick to say the least. That's if it's the same one anyway.

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart
    Lupo 1.7 sdi.... dog turd slow but a bazillion mpg and nearly free tax. Should be cheapenough to insure. Plus Lupos dont seem to be depreciating so you wont lose cash on the purchase
    Not a bad idea, for the money though i'd buy a Nova.
    i've got my child savings coming,want to add an extra 1k + and get a minter. dont want to buy a cheap nova for £600 cause i think itd be a shed and put me off spending my savings and more on another. Need something with atleast 8 months mot too for a few reasons (mainly money/insurance issues,gives me enough time to save to put it through a test)

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maxfield
    My mates was red with black BBS. 13's I think. Had a 4 branch fitted and a new exhaust just before he sold it £300's worth. Was a awesome car, very very quick to say the least. That's if it's the same one anyway.
    Sounds very similar, do you know the mileage ? ad didnt say anything about a 4 branch etc.. but tbh the owner didnt sound like he knew a lot about it, old bloke so guessing just a runabout, but in a way that's a bonus

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cant remember the mileage TBH dude.

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahh no worries, if i remember a camera (and i don't buy it) i'l get a few pics

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by n0va_
    Fully comp used to be a good but higher, now its a fair bit lower.
    Reason being is people usually insure junk worth £200 on TPF&T, so its better for the insurance company if that goes fully comp as usually FC carries a voluntary excess AND compulsory, where as TPF&T is usually just compulsory. So with FC they will just write your car off and you get £less-than-nothing as your excess more than covers the value of your vehicle.

You'd probably find a FC policy with £0 voluntary excess would still be massively more expensive than a TPF&T policy, as it was many years ago.

My Nova is TPF&T, as in insurance terms - as with any other nova that doesn't have agreed value - its only worth £100 max

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack

Reason being is people usually insure junk worth £200 on TPF&T, so its better for the insurance company if that goes fully comp as usually FC carries a voluntary excess AND compulsory, where as TPF&T is usually just compulsory. So with FC they will just write your car off and you get £less-than-nothing as your excess more than covers the value of your vehicle.

You'd probably find a FC policy with £0 voluntary excess would still be massively more expensive than a TPF&T policy, as it was many years ago.

My Nova is TPF&T, as in insurance terms - as with any other nova that doesn't have agreed value - its only worth £100 max
    Ahh right the value of them was quite low, that explains alot
    cheers +rep