Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: taken from behind (well sideways behind)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart
    those doing media/art degrees
    I'd also add English to that list tbh, some of the numpties I've met in my time doing a literary degree could barely string an intelligent sentence together, instead spending their time strutting around holding books they've never read/don't understand and wearing scarves in posh towns trying to appear intelligent.

Banned
    Hull, drives: The Wife's Celica, Fixes: Mates cars, Saves: for A16VTB
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

youve been to oxbridge then jack?

stu i have decent experience as a techie, and i have the relevant quals (and more) and various references staing im an excellent tech. i have however met and trained with guys who were thick fukks, and really shouldnt have any quals.... swings and roundyboots...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack

Big brother is watching you. All the conspiracy brigade would have a field day over that one, not sure about you but I don't want someone watching my every move! Its way too easy for it to be abused, would no doubt pave the way for GPS installations, mileage tracking and pricing for road tax and insurance, and thats just going to see bigger costs.
    Let the conspiracy brigade have a field day then! These are the people who complain about all the CCTV, but then are happy for the footage to be used to lock up the amoeba who bottled them outside a pub, much like the people who don't agree with organ donation, but will happily recieve a liver once they've saturated it with alcohol!

Im not so sure what is so wrong with all the above anyway? I mean, you could say the same thing about Trackers. They didn't pave the way for added monitoring systems. All the tracker has done is made it far easier for your stolen car to be found. Nothing but a benefit if you ask me.

People who are wary of big brother are people up to no good IMO. I couldn't give a crap if someone in an office in London was watching my GPS signal intently whilst i drive to Tesco on a saturday morning, so long as they also watched intently when someone runs a child over and drives away.

And I doubt the government will ever go over to pay as you go taxation. How many cars are sat on driveways which are fully taxed but driven 4 miles a week at a push? Im not sure the added revenue from the high milers would offset that lost revenue, and to be fair, most of the high milers are working and therefore will no doubt pass on the added cost via expenses, which will then be offset against tax anyway