Thread: Info reqd 2.0 let into a Nova

Senior User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    I could sit here all telling you about the rally cars Ive built, but no one really cares.
    You know the rules, pics or GTFO

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    Means fcuk all to nobody really, stop carping on about it & get it built then.

I could sit here all telling you about the rally cars Ive built, but no one really cares.
    Relax mate...

and if you read the thread its not about my car.... I was jus defending the builder after you jumped on him earlier in the thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lee H
    Surely anyone is capable of throwing a LET in a Nova, mechanic or
    not. I've done several and I'm merely an accountant!
    Well said
    And i am a vary good mechanic spent few years at college so my qualifications do mean something.
    Some people may find this conversion hard but that normally down to not having enough cash to do the parts or decent enough parts needed
    So Jon = cash = me = fast little nova.
    Enough said getting boaring now some of you guys need to chill and realise that its not only you that can do a simple conversion

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nick.k, there have been literally hundreds of threads on here where some lad & his pet cat have attempted to fit one in with a tube of no more nails & then we get involved in explaining that the conversion has to be safe & well thought out, which they then don't believe because the lad at the local burger bar knows that it is dead easy & can be done in an afternoon & is a straight swap......

we tend to get cynical when someone comes on here & starts a 'What do I need to do to fit a LET in my 1.2????' thread, cos the answer is pretty much... if you have to ask, then you shouldn't be doing it.

it is obviously going to need chassis & shell mods, then decent components, usually an engine rebuild because the LET was actually quite crap (IMO) and will have been thrashed for the last 15 years, and all the stuff that goes with that.

the tolerances on nova shells also mean that the 'conversion mounts' will most likely not fit without some work.

when it is done, please post up some pics, to show us, and let us know how much it cost,