Page 67 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: brucers GT/LET wip.

Go low or Go home. Moderator Benn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Abuse on track, on the cool down lap my mates feet started to get wet... hahahaha I gave the tube a wipe f sealant and it never did it again.
    Then moved it for more hidden look.
    All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi
    Far from suicidal
    Still I get them tendencies
    Bringing back them memories
    That I really miss when I reminisce

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was a bit of luck, would have been embaressing to be towed in.

I dont think ive seen your current set up

Go low or Go home. Moderator Benn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been towed in too

I move the tank over to where the battery would of been, pipe comes thought behind the inlet now.
    All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi
    Far from suicidal
    Still I get them tendencies
    Bringing back them memories
    That I really miss when I reminisce

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update

So PVS has passed and the car never made it, a lot of progress has been made though and it shouldn’t be long until I can try fire it up.

Here’s an update of what’s been going on since the last update…

The oil catch tank got plumbed in coming off the large breather from the cam cover.

A new battery was fitted which gave me a reason to get my gauges all lit up.

The whole interior z-let loom needed to be wired in and hidden under the dash, there’s a whole lot of wiring here!

Have bought some new tyres for the rear which will do a better job for potential track days, these are yoko ad08’s in a 185/55/15. Slightly narrower than the ao48 I have on the front which seem too wide for a reasonable stance on the rear.

I sent my intercooler off to James Middleton (jonlem) to have a couple of pipes welded to it and a map sensor port. Done a top job getting this sorted, will make things much neater in the bay as before I had to use a 90degree hose off the intercooler which was always a concern due to them rubbing the chassis legs.

James also sorted me out a new manifold, its an absolute piece of art. Made out of t304 schedule 10 pipes and 304 water jet cut flanges. Being a tart I thought id take some proper pictures of it before it gets used. Lol

I had to replace the standard studs on the head to some shorter ones as they were too long and would foul the manifold. Got the manifold fitted along with the turbo.

Trial fitted the intercooler and radiator for clearance and seems good, roughly 15/20mm of room.

Having some spare stainless exhaust pieces kicking about I decided to use this for my down pipe, in reality I should use a 3inch down pipe along with a 3inch exhaust, but beggars cant be choosers as funds are rather tight at the minute. Added to these parts were a new flexi, flange and 90degree.

Last edited by brucer; 14-06-15 at 04:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One bodged down pipe ready to be welded up with a lambda bung for my wide band.

One heat wrapped down pipe, you’d never know it was a custom job. Lol

Had a nice delivery from the postman enabling me to crack on some more.

As my radiator sat forward roughly an inch and a half the standard nova top hose wasn’t long enough, I didn’t want to cut and extend it as its another join as a potential week link. I ordered a corsa b xe/let conversion top hose which is slightly longer. Done the job perfect!

A polished dipstick tube was fitted also as I stupidly cut my original up trying to fit that other manifold.

10inch radiator fan fitted to replace my 2 7inch fans I used to run on the front, having moved the radiator forward was the cause of this but it was an easy fix.

I wasn’t sure where I was going to get the AFM and the filter to sit, I new I didn’t want it on show that much or pointing upwards across the boost pipe, using the bends I had left from making my down pipe I was able to use 2 90degrees to point it across the top of the gearbox. This is now painted black.

Dump valve fitting welded onto the boost pipe, kinda hides the DV out of the way for a more subtle look.

MAP sensor wiring extended and MAP sensor fitted.

[URL=http://s193.photobucket.com/user/bachilds1988/media/DSC_0282_zpsbec7zttj.jpg.html][/UR

I’ve also replaced the fuel sender gasket as it was leaking, doing this made me accidentally break a wire on the sender. This got soldered back on and then tested by filling up with some shell v-power nitro. It will get mapped on this for a slight gain in performance.

Attempting to fit the slam panel back on showed a very snug fit with the manifold, its very unfortunate
    that I had to cut it but needs must. Finished the edges off with some rubber trim.

Postie came round again to drop off some more pipes/hoses for the boost pipes.

The turbo to intercooler pipe was fun to figure out as the original intention was to run it next to the down pipe but there wasn’t any room. Using the 2 90degree stainless bends gave me a useable setup.

Finishing up like this for the week end just past. Having put fuel in has a given me a couple of leeks on the fuel system. One being the second hand 044 pump and another on one of the braided lines. A new pump has been ordered and the braided line had a the union taken off and refitted.

More to come, thanks for looking.

Bruce

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks great, I especially like the manifold. Also i like the catch tank hidden out the way like that.
    Good work, Nick

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks stunning, I like the fact it's a big power build but to a great standard, not just chopping and hacking everything up to get it all squeezed in, look forward to the next update.

Josh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Top work !

Senior User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

love it great work mate love the colour

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by totalnova View Post
    Looks great, I especially like the manifold. Also i like the catch tank hidden out the way like that.
    Good work, Nick
    cheers, it was the only real solution to get it out of the bay, I did debate having it in the scuttle area but ive got too much going on in there.

Quote Originally Posted by josh-sri View Post
    Looks stunning, I like the fact it's a big power build but to a great standard, not just chopping and hacking everything up to get it all squeezed in, look forward to the next update.

Josh
    thanks josh.

Quote Originally Posted by kevster View Post
    Top work !

Quote Originally Posted by novadave24 View Post
    love it great work mate love the colour