Page 21 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: brucers GT/LET wip.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

keep going mate i know what its like thinking your not making progress. Once its painted you will be spending all the time you can on it to get it back together. Its the big milestone, over halfway i reckon

Mines been plainted 4 weeks now but i havent even seen it since the day i brought it home

Did you haev a certain date you want it done or just when its done? I wanted it on the road running for pvs. Dont see that happening

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Tek
    Best to get the body done the first time mate. I'm glad I chose the pro route and not tried to do it myself at home.

The build may be dragging out but it'll be well worth it in the end so no need for the rush imo. I felt the same at one point but the bodywork is excellent now so It was well worth waiting a while for that to be sorted. So I don't mind waiting a few months to get other stuff in order before it's done
    yeh thats exactly it, no point half assing something when it can be done right the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich
    keep going mate i know what its like thinking your not making progress. Once its painted you will be spending all the time you can on it to get it back together. Its the big milestone, over halfway i reckon

Mines been plainted 4 weeks now but i havent even seen it since the day i brought it home

Did you haev a certain date you want it done or just when its done? I wanted it on the road running for pvs. Dont see that happening
    thats a shxtter, there any reason for that?

nah, no date i want it completed by. i was hoping id have it near enough done by the end of this year. im sure it will start to take shape after its been painted as you said. time will tell though!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looking well nice there matey!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cheers wudgey!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the painting of the shell has been booked in for july 10th. cant wait!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG an update!!!

the car never got round to being painted on the 10th, the bodyshop had too many cars in as a customer couldnt take one away for two weeks. here we are again and the car is being painted over the next few days.

hooked up my 'a' frame and wrapped the car up in a tarpaulin so it doensnt look like a bare shell being towed to the bodyshop.. fortunately the 8miles to the bodyshop were out in the country and away from towns so less chance of being pulled over. have still got to get it back to my lockup which is in a town....

had a good chat with ted(the bodyshop man) about whats being done, he kows exactly how i want it standards wise. the primer i got for him needs to be flatted down which is costing more but atleast the car will be perfectly straight and smooth. hes only got both doors to paint with the shell at the moment but he's got to repair a ripple in both of them and a small dent. needs some filler work where the fuel cap used to be and on the back arches so the reflection in the paint will be crisp!

he's also going to stone chip the back panel, scuttle/battery area and spray some for sound proofing in the back quarters inside the car.

ted on the right and me old mate billers on the left.

he's predicting the car will be ready to be picked up on wednesday but im not rushing him. hoping all will turn out well. pics will follow once i have the car back in site.

bruce
    Last edited by brucer; 24-07-10 at 02:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just recieved this from ted at 12pm last night.....

he was just about to apply the laquer.

bruce

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking good

Gold Club Member# 001 Club Member Nova_Tek's Avatar
    Hertfordshire..... Builds: ......... Snowplough'd LET
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking nice dude, you'll be grinning from ear to ear when it car gets a flat and mop.

I was over the moon and was such a treat to watch them mop it while I was there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeh i cant wait, he phoned me today to say i could pick it up wednesday eve.

now, to me this is awfully fast for the turn around for the priming,flatting,painting,laquering,mopping etc etc. i trust him 100percent and i know he does stay very late to get the work back out the door but ill have to inspect it thoroughly to make sure im happy with it. im very sure i will be.