Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well what does he mean ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Figured he was talking about the reduced space and bars around passengers heads that is going to end quite painfully when you smash it up trying to handbrake turn it through McDonalds drive-thru. Rich feel free to correct me

And personally from a 'show' perspective I think it would look daft having a nice chunky bar visible through the rear quarter window with people in there too.

And on a positive note, I like the purple and bumper mods

Senior User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well i understand, the way i see it theres 2 types of cars, stripped with cages for racing.

And show cars with nice interior etc for just driving,cruising etc..

Well i first planned for mine to be a rally car but then changed to just make it into a nice car with nice seats etc.. but since in the future i want it to go very fast i think having a rollcage in the back will suit the theme, i know its not for safety but for looks.

So it looks like a mixture between a racing car and a showcar, thats what im trying to do, i was going to buy a full safety rollcage but they dont look as good as the fearless one.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LEWI007
    i was going to buy a full safety rollcage but they dont look as good as the fearless one.
    No,they look better

Senior User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah they look crap, look too thin and theyre not polished, i want to make some extensions for the fearless one and make it into a full rollcage, but thats later.

Senior User
    Sunny Sunderland by the sea. Well, inbetween there and Durham.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They dont't look crap . They're the proper size for the purpose. Oversized ones are second best to me. They remind my old motor:/ (Bought OTT cage blind on eBay)

A full polished cage running above your eyeline and down the A pillars would p!ss you off big time - if you drive your car.

What people are meaning about cage OR backseat is, whether or not it's a show cage, it's still a metal tube. When's the last time you tw@tted your head against one of those and it never hurt?

I say bin the back seats and keep the diagonal, or keep the rear seats and swap the cage for one without a diagonal. I guess you could chop it about, but no need when there's versions without available.

Rear seat passengers and a cage of any description do not go together!

@ never ev0rrrr selling the car either. First cars (or first on road) tend to have quite a hold over you, but it doesn't last. You may think you will keep it for ever but trust me, you won't.

Senior User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by L14MNP
    @ never ev0rrrr selling the car either. First cars (or first on road) tend to have quite a hold over you, but it doesn't last. You may think you will keep it for ever but trust me, you won't.
    Mine got swapped for mustard yellow and scrapped as soon as I tried painting it and ****ed it up

Senior User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wont sell it, look at D151 GFD and the other old skoolers, theyve all still got theirs, i couldnt sell it, when it comes to it ill just lock it away in the garage and drive something else. im a hoarder

Today made the brake lines and fitted those, first time ive made some.

Now engine is ready to be fitted

Does it make a difference which brake caliper i hook up to the brake servo, on the left or the right, or can i just plug them in either ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iain
    Figured he was talking about the reduced space and bars around passengers heads that is going to end quite painfully when you smash it up trying to handbrake turn it through McDonalds drive-thru. Rich feel free to correct me
    No thats what i meant, having a passenger in the back and having an accident is more likely to kill/injure the rear passenger than help at all. Leave the rear seats in my all means, just wouldnt let anyone in.

But when someone says "go on, give me a lift down the road you've got room in the back" are you going to say no?

Engine bay colour looks really smart btw

Senior User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont care and neither do they cos i asked them, were just scum