Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: C16xe - Wire sensor !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so you havnt blanked that off?? as i know with the 8v's if you dont blank that off they suck in sheet loads of air and dont run right. so it might be the same with the 16v's

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burgo
    so you havnt blanked that off?? as i know with the 8v's if you dont blank that off they suck in sheet loads of air and dont run right. so it might be the same with the 16v's
    havent blanked what off? . if its egr/sai then the c16xe does not have any of this at all to start with so nothing to blank off.

if you put a x16xe inlet on then put a egr blanking plate in between the inlet/egr wont connect as it c16xe loom doesnt have the connector for any of it)

if i remember correctly the earths on a c16xe loom will be on left side of inle (alternator bracket) and then on the right hand side of the inlet (nr trottle body) dont think there is any more from engine loom. i always put a couple extra on to be on the safe side. i.e one from battery to alternator, battery to block and battery to chassis. they all help

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ck
    if i remember correctly the earths on a c16xe loom will be on left side of inle (alternator bracket) and then on the right hand side of the inlet (nr trottle body) dont think there is any more from engine loom. i always put a couple extra on to be on the safe side. i.e one from battery to alternator, battery to block and battery to chassis. they all help
    All the original nova earths are attached and 4 new ones have been attached, as well as the ones that the corsa needed, so a abundence of them really

Well off to get a new ECU tonight and give that a try. If it's still doing the same then foooook knows

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ck
    havent blanked what off? . if its egr/sai then the c16xe does not have any of this at all to start with so nothing to blank off.

if you put a x16xe inlet on then put a egr blanking plate in between the inlet/egr wont connect as it c16xe loom doesnt have the connector for any of it)

i thought it was an x16 with a c16 loom. therefore it will need blanking off