Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas Karting 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Christmas Karting 2008

Just wanted to say thanks to Lee and Dan etc for all the organisational work for today. I realy enjoyed it and it was excellent to meet up with everyone again.
    Some really good drivers out there but I think looking at everyones times Lee probably just shaded it as consistently the fastest on the day and it showed in the results I reckon so well done mate - top skills

We were saying on the way back that it was important to be fast right from the off cos the way they tended to park the carts between races meant that later on the fastest drivers tended to get the better carts so all in all the best floated to the top as you would expect especially in the last race which was a thriller.

Only downside was the food problem but I guess there wasn't a lot realistically to done and also some of the carts were shockingly gash. I think by comparison Daytona looks better resourced with better overall standard of carts but then again they are more expensive
    I am the rep monster - give me all your rep and I will become all powerful and take over the WORLD!!!

Small Block Club Member #3

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another thanks from me, really enjoyed today. I had some good rubbing with MC and a nice little battle with Lee at one point :D. It was good to put more faces to names aswell . I've picked a few pics out, I'll post some more later:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was a good day, looking forward to another karting event! Was nice to meet a lot of new faces too, hardly knew anybody there at first!

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have to agree, a great day despite the food and crap karts. Wobbly wheels are not much fun amongst other foibles.

I'll apologise now for not remembering who's who, I'm crap with names and faces

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your kind words Charles I hope everyone had a good day out. I think as far as the venue goes, the track was excellent, but the karts were, as CP said, utterly shocking. Some much faster than others, some with brakes, some without, some massively oversteery, some massively understeery, some with circular wheels, some with square ones! So much so that your grid position at the start of the heats didn't really matter, it was what kart you had that counted.

My first race was the worst for me I think, Pole Position, and by T1 I was in 4th place, thanks to the zero acceleration, after watching Dan storm from somewhere on the third row up to the front. Limped home to third nursing a wobbly wheel (probably the kart that Christian had later on )

I was lucky enough to get a goodun in the enduro though, and used it to good effect seeing as I had no team mate to share the driving (I knew I was going to hurt by the end of it) went as quick as poss at the start and managed to bring it home, not without some epic tussles with Pete and Jim!!

The final involved some brilliant racing as well, and more than happy to be beaten hands down by Sturge! Top drivin!!

Just like to say thanks to everyone who came, was great to catch up with everyone and meet some new faces, and I hope next year we can double the number of people attending!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would of liked to go but it was a bit far away and i helped my uncle move house.

chippy shoulder Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bastids :P

will be at next years one as I dont intend to poke the other half without protection next year :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brainsnova
    i would of liked to go but it was a bit far away and i helped my uncle move house.
    Ade made it from Glasgow with a diversion via Derby to look at a potential site for next years annual do, so I think its do-able....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    Thanks for your kind words Charles I hope everyone had a good day out. I think as far as the venue goes, the track was excellent, but the karts were, as CP said, utterly shocking. Some much faster than others, some with brakes, some without, some massively oversteery, some massively understeery, some with circular wheels, some with square ones! So much so that your grid position at the start of the heats didn't really matter, it was what kart you had that counted.

yeah, but some of us are simply crap at driving go karts, I don't think the racing drivers bumper book of excuses could make up for my performances though.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just gimmi some grip and something that can pull me weight, thats mine