Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Spanish Corsa A c20xe

Hi all,

My name is Dani, and I'm coming from Spain. I have posted in some ocassions in the forum, but did not get the chance to introduce myself.

Apart from a c20xe Astra mk3, I own this Nova which I am swapping to be a valver.

Engine is almost standard, apart from lightened flywheel and crankcase pulley and an EDS phase 2 chip. The car will be road legal, and will be my daily auto, so the interior and exterior are fully standard, except the Astra vents on the bonnet. Electrical wiring comes completelly from Astra mk3, so it has fully working bordcomputer or even electrical mirrors.

The next step is now to do the exhaust, but I have found what I think is a problem.. My idea is to use an Astra GSI exhaust line and modify it to suit the Nova tunnel. But... the bottom part of the gear lever is just in the middle of the tunnel for the exhaust. And as the car will be standard, I do not want to install the gear lever of an Astra as for the track Novas. Is there enough place for a c20xe pipe? Anybody done?

Regards.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome...

Good do have member's from the continent.

There's many work arounds with the exhaust system, you can modify a GTE/GSI system to fit the XE manifold.

Different seeing the airbox for a change, looks good!!

Like the 106 in the background, saw alot of them and saxo's racing a silverstone today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most common exhaust is to use a upgraded nova exhaust system and to modify the exhaust manifold.

If you buy a performance nova exhaust they are usually the same size bore as the 2 litre exhaust manifold. 2 inch bore i think the manifold is.

The nova looks nice ( do you have rust in spain? ) what was the model origionally?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks good whats the box beside the powercap? on the bulkhead
    Last edited by let_nova; 23-08-09 at 07:52 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cuál es la caja negra al lado del powercap

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Airbox is intriguing. Project looks good.

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chimp007_uk
    Welcome...

Good do have member's from the continent.

There's many work arounds with the exhaust system, you can modify a GTE/GSI system to fit the XE manifold.

Different seeing the airbox for a change, looks good!!

Like the 106 in the background, saw alot of them and saxo's racing a silverstone today.
    Thank you.

The idea is to have a 2'' pipe to fit the xe manifold, so thought that a standard system from Astra would do the job.

The 106 belongs to a mate, a 1.3 Rally for rallying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich
    Most common exhaust is to use a upgraded nova exhaust system and to modify the exhaust manifold.

If you buy a performance nova exhaust they are usually the same size bore as the 2 litre exhaust manifold. 2 inch bore i think the manifold is.

The nova looks nice ( do you have rust in spain? ) what was the model origionally?
    I cannot use a performance exhaust, because to have the car road legal in Spain the boxes need to be legally marked. And the easiest way is to buy a GM pipe. Otherway, I will not be able to get the legalization papers and pass the annual inspections. We cannot do anything in Spain!!!

If we have what here?

But after many hours I got everything solved. Most of the time I spent on the car has been on the metal, which was not my initial idea. But all these things were covered when I bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by let_nova
    looks good whats the box beside the powercap? on the bulkhead

cuál es la caja negra al lado del powercap
    Hey, nice spanish!!

It is a box from an Astra mk3 which has inside relays and fuses. I took the complete wiring from an Astra, with everything, and just decided that I would look smart.
    Quote Originally Posted by craig green
    Airbox is intriguing. Project looks good.
    Airbox is from a Corsa B, but to allow a better flow it has a homemade foam filter.

Cheers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cicli
    Airbox is from a Corsa B, but to allow a better flow it has a homemade foam filter.

Cheers.
    Did you have to cut out all the bottom off it too? I have one fitted on my nova and it now has a lot of it cut to make it fit.

Nice to see somone who speaks good english, Presuming your not using a translater

Looks like a nice car, being a GSI too, nice colour aswell! Thats a lot of rust there too, same as british novas i guess, i guess its the humid air and the heavy amounts of rain (When you get it )

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AW06
    Did you have to cut out all the bottom off it too? I have one fitted on my nova and it now has a lot of it cut to make it fit.

Nice to see somone who speaks good english, Presuming your not using a translater

Looks like a nice car, being a GSI too, nice colour aswell! Thats a lot of rust there too, same as british novas i guess, i guess its the humid air and the heavy amounts of rain (When you get it )
    Yep, the bottom part needs to be cut. It is that, or cutting metal to make a hole like the one in the Corsa B. But I honestly prefer the first option In any case, it just fitted like hell!!

I live in the north of Spain, which is green, cloudy and rainy. Nothing to do with the tourist areas in the south and southeast.

Great to find so much crazy people for Novas in here
    Last edited by cicli; 23-08-09 at 09:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pm'd