New Project - Nova Saloon Smoker
Recently purchased this from Jamie 16v off here on a bit of an impulse buy.Gonna use it as an everyday smoker to keep the miles of the S2000
There is another project thread on here somewhere when it was purchased and subsequently painted in this delightful beige colour!
Pics before:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v401/Foy/29bdr2c.jpg
Pics when I bought it:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v401/Foy/2it5wk5.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v401/Foy/2ikxs2w.jpg
He had fitted new GM rear quarters for no reason, lol – as they were very good beforehand. Not that I am complaining, this genuine 29000 mile shell is a REALLY good one! No rust to be found anywhere which is nice.
The beige isn’t a bad job either, although the doors are a slightly different shade, not that I’m bothered as its going in for a re spray in a few weeks to get the colour sorted out.
Engine bay welding is its show piece though – really, really good stitch weld and HH plate kit fitting job indeed. I don’t have any pics though just now!
Engine is also fitted very well, brand new fitting kit and shafts etc and runs spot on – although I discovered that there is THE BIGGEST oil leak in the world and it cant be driven until its sorted – looks like rear crank seal! Not the nicest job, but have a genuine one to go on this week…
Anyway – onto this weekends work…
This is what I needed to do firstly – fit Bilstein B10 tarmac suspension and fit poly bushes throughout…
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../Photo0047.jpg
Didn’t take long…
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../Photo0055.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../Photo0054.jpg
Then fitted Corsa B Epas… Works very well and have fitted on-dash adjustment for when I feel really girly! Lol
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../Photo0051.jpg
Purchased an early SR brown interior, with dash, seats and door cards and early orange clocks….But realised that the rear seats are totally different, so it was off to a local retrimmer to get the rear seats professionally retrimmed in the SR fabric – he also repaired the bolster which had JUST worn through…
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../Photo0058.jpg
Found some Infinity speakers from a project about 10 years ago that fit snugly into the original mounting points…
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../Photo0056.jpg
Dash in…. with clocks - cowling wasnt easy - so I just hacked it to get it on - I will sort this out next week...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../Photo0057.jpg
Rear seats…. And fitted, with door cards
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../Photo0065.jpg
Front wheels trial fitted… well I had to lol!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../Photo0066.jpg
All that’s left is to fit the front seats, rear shocks, sort oil leak out and get it to the paint shop! (and get it MOT’d)
Enjoy! lol